Sony EX1 Workflow Questions at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old May 7th, 2008, 11:07 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Sony EX1 Workflow Questions

Hey guys,

I've searched high and low for some answers, but either I couldn't find the answer, or it wasn't clear enough to me. I'm considering purchasing a Sony EX1 in the following months, but I had a few workflow questions.

1. My clientele is a mix of HD and SD users. From what I've read, the EX1 can only shoot in HD formats (correct me if I'm wrong). How exactly do I downconvert HD in Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 to SD (the actual steps) for those clients who don't want HD? I've read a lot of methods, but nothing clear cut.

2. I do music videos, and the ability to overcrank is very attractive to me. Is it as simple as dropping the 60p clip on the timeline and PPro knowing it's suppose to be slow motion or will I need to make setting changes for the timeline to slow it down?

I appreciate any comments and I apologize if I overlooked any threads that might have provided this information.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite