Using the Flash encoder - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old May 30th, 2008, 09:15 AM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Godwin View Post
So I dont need to consider chaning the player?
I will try to change the extention.
Well if you like it and it works for you keep going :) I like all the options of the JW FLV Player and if you want to try something different that would be my recomendation.
Old May 30th, 2008, 02:11 PM   #17
Major Player

What is JW?
Guy Godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2008, 02:22 PM   #18
Major Player

http://www.jeroenwijering.com/?item=JW_FLV_Media_Player
Old May 30th, 2008, 10:22 PM   #19
Major Player

Hi Josh,

I'm interested in adding Flash movies on our website as well.

So is the JW player free to use on one's website?

And since I'm not a webmaster, how easy/difficult is it to integrate in a website?

Thanks!
Old May 31st, 2008, 09:10 PM   #20
Major Player

I was able to get this work by changing the .mp4 to .flv and the quality was outstanding. The only problem I am having now is my FTP is timing out long before my file is transfered.

Questions on the H.264 codec
Does codec not allow for compression size/quality setting's? or is it strictly High all the time. I noticed that the files size is about 9x larger with H.264 as compared to the On2Vp6 does this sound correct?
Old May 31st, 2008, 09:13 PM   #21
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Anselmo View Post
Hi Josh,

And since I'm not a webmaster, how easy/difficult is it to integrate in a website?

Thanks!

Jeff, What is your background with web design? It really is easy to do, however it took me a couple day's before I got to play video's and taking longer to get them good.

I am not webdesigner but I have created some detailed webstuff and getting more and more into it. But I can help point you in the direction if you need.

What web design software do you currently use? ...if any?
Old June 1st, 2008, 07:27 AM   #22
Major Player

H. 264 is highly customizable. You should be able to fully control all the settings to where you can get video quality that is equal or better than ON2VP6 but the same size. You will have to play around to get the best fit for your footage but it is worth it in my opinion.

JW FLV is free for projects that are not making money. I sell my online video service so I paid for the commercial licensee. There are other players such as the Flo Player which I think are free no matter what.

While I have a background in coding which might make things easier if you take the time to read the guide setting up a player is easy as pie. Also JW Has a setup wizard on his web page where you set the variables and it spits out the code for you to cut and paste :)

Last edited by Josh Chesarek; June 1st, 2008 at 03:16 PM.
Josh Chesarek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 01:19 PM   #23
Major Player

Thanks for the replies gentlemen!

Josh--Since I have a video production company like yourself, and would be using video samples of our work, I would definitely need to buy the commercial license, or use Flo Player, like you suggest.

Guy--Background on webdesign is near zilch :) We're signed up with a company called APlus, which has their own web design program (very limited program, but my wife's a genius at Photoshop, so integrating with the web program made it look "better"). We should really learn Dreamweaver. Sigh.

Also Guy, I've used Premiere's flash export to make flv files for a client to use. (They haven't put it up on their website yet) The flv files are about 1 min. to 2 min. in length, with the aspect ratio half of 720x480 (360x240?).
Old June 2nd, 2008, 06:45 PM   #24
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Chesarek View Post
H. 264 is highly customizable. You should be able to fully control all the settings to where you can get video quality that is equal or better than ON2VP6 but the same size. You will have to play around to get the best fit for your footage but it is worth it in my opinion.
I have seen the quality in action now. My problem is the file size. I am trying to put up and entire youth Flag football game (for the grandparents) and the file size is 938MB compared to the On2 at around 100MB.

My native footage is shot with an XL2 (720x480) 30p so no need to deinterace it. Any idea on a good seeting for the H.264?
Old June 2nd, 2008, 06:48 PM   #25
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Anselmo View Post
Thanks for the replies gentlemen!

Josh--Since I have a video production company like yourself, and would be using video samples of our work, I would definitely need to buy the commercial license, or use Flo Player, like you suggest.

Guy--Background on webdesign is near zilch :) We're signed up with a company called APlus, which has their own web design program (very limited program, but my wife's a genius at Photoshop, so integrating with the web program made it look "better"). We should really learn Dreamweaver. Sigh.

Also Guy, I've used Premiere's flash export to make flv files for a client to use. (They haven't put it up on their website yet) The flv files are about 1 min. to 2 min. in length, with the aspect ratio half of 720x480 (360x240?).
I would not worry about learning DreamWeaver I was saying that because the Wizzard that DW uses makes adding flash video very easy. I use DreamWeaver for that only and then move it over in the Visual Web developer 2005.

Like Josh is saying above if you export it to an .mp4 using the H.264 codec the quality is very good. You can then change the extention to .flv and the flash player can read it. Especially for short clips like that.
Old June 11th, 2008, 02:02 AM   #26
Regular Crew

Hi there!

i am too in the need of help for the flash encoder. my main problem: it's terribly slow... converting a 1:24 video with 750kbit takes over TWELVE HOURS on my machine... (Intel Core2Quad, 3,5Ghz for each core, 4GB Ram)

Any ideas how to speed this process up? I wanted to use flash video in a sort of semi-live environment (event filming, simply put intro and outro via premiere in, render as 720p hdtv wmv and then convert it to flash to offer both wmv and flv) but with this massive speed...

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite