Premiere pro obstacle at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old June 4th, 2008, 01:18 AM   #1
New Boot

Premiere pro obstacle

I can't move my clips to the timeline in Adobe Premiere Pro 3. You're supposed to be able to drag them from the program panel onto the timeline but it never works. They just don't move. What can be done?
Tony Gieske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2008, 01:30 AM   #2
Trustee

You mean from the Source monitor, right? The Program monitor is the timeline so you can't drag from there. You can use the "," or "." keyboard shortcuts or the icons at the bottom of the source monitor.
Old June 4th, 2008, 05:38 PM   #3
Major Player

Do you have a sequence in the timeline to drag clips to? That dog had me puzzled for a few minutes before I realized there was nothing in the timeline itself -- completely empty.

If you don't have a blank sequence in the Project panel, create one, then double-click it to load it into the timeline. THEN you can start dragging clips into the sequence in the timeline.

Martin
Old June 4th, 2008, 05:40 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Catt View Post
Do you have a sequence in the timeline to drag clips to? That dog had me puzzled for a few minutes before I realized there was nothing in the timeline itself -- completely empty.

If you don't have a blank sequence in the Project panel, create one, then double-click it to load it into the timeline. THEN you can start dragging clips into the sequence in the timeline.

Martin
That's right.

It's not like After Effects that creates a comp when you drag clips.
Old June 5th, 2008, 05:24 AM   #5
New Boot

Thank you, Martin. That resolved the issue. This program is a fiend.
Tony Gieske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2008, 07:54 PM   #6
Major Player

Actually, everything in Premier makes sense IF you think like a programmer. I used to be one, so most of the time I can muddle my way through.

Martin

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite