Integration with After Effects -- Not Like I Was Hoping - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old June 18th, 2008, 10:43 PM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Fiala View Post
You are lucky to even have your project properly imported into AE. Most of the time I try to do this, footage files load fine into AE, lay onto timeline in proper times but with wrong In/Out points (!).
I have just started seeing this on my machine since yesterday. It was fine until then. I have always been able to copy and paste footage from Premiere to AE with no problems. Have you ever found out the cause of this problem, or a solution?

I've googled it, but didnt find anything. I guess that not many people are seeing this.
Brian Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2008, 10:57 PM   #17
Regular Crew

I'd use Premiere only for simple cutting.
And do all titling, transitions in AE.
I think that's the safest bet right now.

However, I remember that wipes and fades would work normally.

Didn't try titling though.
Old June 19th, 2008, 12:35 AM   #18
Major Player

Brian, no, I didn`t find any solution. It seems to be completely random but it only worked for me like two times. I filed a bug at Adobe several times.
Jiri Fiala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2008, 01:11 AM   #19
Major Player

I can't work without the ability to copy and paste between AE and PPro, so I opened a support request with Adobe. They gave me advice like clearing my media data cache in PPro's options, and deleting my preferences file from the application data folder on C:, but neither suggestion worked.

I've noticed that my footage is being pasted as a composition into AE. It is being pasted as a brown layer (comp) that contains an avi. It should actually be pasting blue (footage) layers though. I've sent this message to the adobe support team and am waiting for a reply.
Brian Parker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite