Every file offline in all projects after Windows format at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old June 10th, 2008, 04:27 PM   #1
Tourist

Every file offline in all projects after Windows format

Ok, so my C drive crashed on me, because that drive was getting a little old. No problem though, it only had XP and programs on it. All my editing projects are on a newer drive. But now that I have a new 500gb drive for C and windows, when I go to open a project in premiere (re-installed of course) on my projects drive, it says all the files are offline. The project hasn't moved, all the scratch files are still there and all the source clips. Do I have to go through it, clip by clip and link to the original files? For all my projects? Theres got to be a quicker way.

Chris
Chris Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2008, 08:00 PM   #2
Inner Circle

After you point it to the first clip it should find all the rest if they're in the same directory.

Make sure your scratch disk location settings are all correct. They might have changed during your re-install.
Adam Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2008, 11:38 AM   #3
Major Player

If your files are still showing offline, check the file security (right-click/properties/Security tab). Since you reinstalled XP, your SID (security ID) will have changed. You may need to grant yourself rights to the files.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite