DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Two video lines but just one screen and how to edit Live Cameras? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/123748-two-video-lines-but-just-one-screen-how-edit-live-cameras.html)

Stefan Hoefinger June 14th, 2008 10:43 AM

Two video lines but just one screen and how to edit Live Cameras?

Hey!

Iīve just got two problems with Adobe Premiere PRO CS3.

I have two footage von two different cameras on top of each other (on two video lines) but how can I see both clips? In the monitor on the screen I just can see the upper line and behind the upper line is the second line. I want to set it that way, that I can see all lines in two different monitors realtime. How is that possible?

The second problem I have is the following one. We recorded a live concert with two cameras. But we didnīt record it live to the computer and we often paused the cameras during the concert. Is it possible to get the two videolines realtime on top of each other - maybe with the camera time?

THANKS

Adam Gold June 15th, 2008 10:25 AM

To edit a multicam sequence, check this out:

http://livedocs.adobe.com/en_US/Prem...8DDE57377.html

In terms of synching, you'll need to razor both clips wherever either one has been paused, then re-sync each segment individually. Never start and stop your cameras in a multicam environment, unless you have cams that can takes externally generated "jam-sync" timecode. If you don't have that, your timecode will not be useful in synching the clips.

Stefan Hoefinger June 15th, 2008 10:40 AM

We filmed with a Sony Z1E and a Sony HDR-HC1E but didnt do any synchronisation work before filming!

thanks

Jiri Fiala June 15th, 2008 01:12 PM

Then you are in for a world of pain, I am sorry :( You will have to go through your footage and find events (like a start of the song, unique riff or drumroll) that are present in footage from both cameras and sync them manually.

You can do this by putting a marker (with asterisk key) while in Source monitor. Mark the same events in clips from both cameras. Try to be as precise as you can. Then place clips on timeline - camera 1 on one layer, camera 2 on another layer. You will see your markers in clips in timeline. You can then shift your clips so that markers from both clips will snap. This way, you can sync all your footage. It`s painstaking work, but can be done.

Stefan Hoefinger June 15th, 2008 01:33 PM

Oh thanks a lot!

But could anyone tell me how I can open two videomonitors on one screen if I have two videolines and want to see both side by side?

regards

Andrew Hoag June 15th, 2008 02:24 PM

In regards to your question about two video tracks in one screen:

From my experience, I don't believe there is a multi-source monitor in Premiere, but what are you trying to do? If video tracks one and two both contain video they will overlap each other and you'll only see one video anyways, so what are you trying to accomplish by placing two on top of each other?

There is ONE solution that I know of, and that is to scale down the size of your two video clips in the final monitor screen, (I don't know if that's what it's called, but it's the monitor on the right in the default "editing" workspace). Highlight what video track you want to scale in the timeline, then in the aforementioned "final monitor screen", you can scale down your video which will reveal whatever other video assets you have below it.

Don't know if that helps, or if it was explained properly, but if so great.

Jiri Fiala June 15th, 2008 03:20 PM

Andrew is right, there is no way to view multiple layers independently. Multicamera monitor is something else.

Adam Gold June 15th, 2008 05:41 PM

Right, so just do it as a multicam sequence. You don't have to do it "live" in real time if you don't want to. Just follow the instructions in the link I posted.

With the two cams used in this situation, there really wasn't any way to do a real sync before filming anyway. Just use the audio waveforms to sync. Works fine and it's easy. You don't even have to use markers -- I find it's easier if I don't.

Jiri Fiala June 15th, 2008 07:04 PM

Yes, Adam is right about the waveforms.