DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Spinning Newspaper Headline Effect (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/124441-spinning-newspaper-headline-effect.html)

Hugh DiMauro June 24th, 2008 03:14 AM

Spinning Newspaper Headline Effect

Can anyone suggest how I may create the old and tacky effect where a front page newspaper headline spins towards you and stops, revealing the headline?

Richard Wakefield June 24th, 2008 03:34 AM

quick reply of the top of my head

start of clip:
scale = 20% (roughly)
rotation = 5x0.0deg (roughly, to get you a few rotations)

end of clip
scale = 100%
rotation = 0.0deg

then muck about with keyframe interprolation to make for a smoother start/finish as necessary

if u wanted to get fancy, you could do the same in After Effects but with motion blur

Hugh DiMauro June 24th, 2008 08:59 AM

Thanks, Richard

I kinda knew the technicalities. I was hoping for a lead on some preset I could download from somewhere. I am really in a crunch. I need a ready-made clip I could just use with the headline already in place. I can insert my main character's photo.

Bill Mecca June 24th, 2008 12:06 PM

I haven't looked deeply into it, but isn't there a preset transition like that in Windows Movie maker? might be a way to export it.

Hugh DiMauro June 24th, 2008 03:55 PM

Bill! I hope you're right!

I will see if I still have Windows Movie Maker on my comp. That is exactly what I might be looking for. I tried to make a phony newspaper front page with Microsoft Word but cannot figure out how to import it on my Premiere timeline!

Shawn McCalip June 24th, 2008 05:51 PM

It's so easy and quick to animate it in Premiere, I think you'll end up spending more time trying to find something ready-made than if you were to just click in a couple of key frames. It's as easy as Richard up above puts it. Basically, about 6 clicks of the left mouse button. If it were me, I'd make it something more like 20 full rotations instead of 5, and then I'd apply the Radial Blur effect, make sure it's set to "spin", and then make sure you have the blur amount keyed to 0 when your newspaper finally stops spinning.

Hugh DiMauro June 24th, 2008 07:14 PM

Shawn:

How do I import the Microsoft Word document into my Premiere timeline as a clip or still?

Graham Hickling June 24th, 2008 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh DiMauro (Post 898073)
Shawn:

How do I import the Microsoft Word document into my Premiere timeline as a clip or still?

I print the word file to a pdf, open the appropriate page of that pdf in Photoshop (which coverts it to a bitmap), trim/resize it to the required aspect ratio and resolution, and then save it as a image file (bmp, tif, or jpg) for loading into Premiere or AfterEffects.

There may be quicker ways ......

Hugh DiMauro June 25th, 2008 01:32 AM

Thank You, Graham

Allow me to monkey around with that. I did find something on the web that might help as well. Dang this last minute scramble! If I wasn't so lazy I'd be knowing this stuff through practice during the down time.

I admit that I'm so lazy I wouldn't yell "sooweeee" if a hog was gnawin' on my butt!

Hugh DiMauro June 25th, 2008 09:33 PM

Hey Graham:

I found a program which converts the file into a .tiff. Thanks for your help.