Need help with frame grabs at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old July 26th, 2008, 04:21 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Need help with frame grabs

I am wondering if anyone can help us figure out how to do frame grabs and have the pictures formatted as wide screen. It seems like whatever my wife takes as a frame grab from Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 turns into a “square” picture instead of the wider image we see in the video. I shoot with a Sony FX1 and the videos all show as wide screen. This is stretching the images and making them look like crap.

Look at this picture from the gallery: http://www.pkvegas.com/fhg/sga_galle..._26a_image.jpg

See how Allie is stretched tall and distorted.

I think the image ratio that I shoot in is called 16:9 and standard is 4:3. I need to know how to save the frame grab images as 16:9

We have messed with everything we can find in Premiere for settings on the export frame function.

Any advice you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Bill
Old July 26th, 2008, 04:43 PM   #2
Trustee

You are probably exporting as 1440X1080 using square pixels, or your viewer does nopt understand rectangular pixels like Photoshop does.

So export your images as 1920X1080 using square pixels and it will come out correctly.
Old July 26th, 2008, 04:51 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Steven,

Thank you for the speedy response. That solved the problem perfectly! We are very appreciative of your assistance!!!

Bill

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite