DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Need Help!!! batch capture issues (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/127263-need-help-batch-capture-issues.html)

Zach Stewart August 2nd, 2008 11:54 PM

Need Help!!! batch capture issues

I have successfully done this before, but its currently not working. I edit in SD and then once finished make files offline then batch capture footage in as HDV footage and finalize as HDV back to tape. I have finished the video in SD and now want to generate it as an HD video but can't get my batch capture to work.

Everytime i go to batch capture an offline clip it has no timecode in the "in" & "out" fields of the capture window and says that "batch capture has finished" when it did nothing...so what i figured i would try is to just type in the info manually and capture a clip then link it to the offline footage by using the "link media" option. This works but the time is off by a few seconds.

Is there a way to fix the linked media to be in sync within the multiple clips on the timeline?
Any suggestions on why my batch capture isn't working?

any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Zach Stewart August 7th, 2008 08:07 AM

No help? anyone ever tried this worflow before? Bueller...Bueller...Bueller...Bueller...

Steven Gotz August 7th, 2008 09:10 AM

Sorry, but I edit HDV as HDV. I don't trust the timecode for long GOP footage like HDV.

It is not that much harder to edit HDV than DV AVI with a powerful PC. Or when you use Cineform Aspect HD.

I am afraid you are going to have a tough time with that workflow.

Zach Stewart August 7th, 2008 10:23 AM

Steven - just the man that would know...i have been recapturing the footage as HDV and the tape has the same timecode as the SD version (same tape), but the issue is when i capture the same exact IN and OUT points then manually link the media the video is off by several seconds in the timeline. Is there a way to move the IN point for the media in the timeline without having to go into each and every clip (because I took one long clip and cut it to pieces in the timeline)? I know I can change the IN point within each little clip on the timeline but that will take forever and is basically re-editing the whole thing again.

I tried editing HDV but it just takes FOREVER to render and my exports back to tape never really worked right i had to babysit it and it would still need 2-3 trys before it got the entire thing dumped to tape. I've been looking into Cineform but don't really understand the benefits of using it. Plus, i'm about to upgrade from PPro 2.0 to CS3.

Thanks for the reply.

Steven Gotz August 7th, 2008 10:52 AM

I don't know why the in/out points are wrong. And I also don't know how to adjust them all at once. One at a time is the best I can offer. I can tell you that the in/out points may get fouled when moving from CS2 to CS3. (Known bug)

I never export back to tape so I don't have that problem. I export to MPEG2 Blu-ray or Windows Media depending on what I need and the duration of the video since I have a DVD player that plays either format from DVD-ROM.