CS2 Clipnotes Sync Problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old August 17th, 2008, 11:13 AM   #1
Major Player

CS2 Clipnotes Sync Problem

When I output a Clipnotes in Quicktime, the audio track is slowed (I'm guessing about 10%).

This of course causes a serious sync problem, and occurs at all three quality settings.

This is the second machine (PC, XP Pro) that this problem has cropped up on.

Is it possible that the issue is playback only? Has anyone else experienced this?
Marty Baggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2008, 11:45 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Baggen View Post
When I output a Clipnotes in Quicktime, the audio track is slowed (I'm guessing about 10%).

This of course causes a serious sync problem, and occurs at all three quality settings.

This is the second machine (PC, XP Pro) that this problem has cropped up on.

Is it possible that the issue is playback only? Has anyone else experienced this?
What are the audio properties/project properties/clip properties? They all should match properly for good synchronization.
Old August 17th, 2008, 11:51 AM   #3
Major Player

Hi Mike... are you talking about settings for the Project, or of the Clipnotes output file?

The Clipnotes export has only 3 presets for either WMV, or Quicktime.... WMV output does not have the same audio sync issue.

Thanks for your quick response.
Old August 17th, 2008, 02:34 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Hi Marty,

I guess I'm getting at the original file's properties, the project's settings and the output's settings. Of the three, you'd want the first two to match. The last would be a matter of the render engine to handle in processing.

One could assume... Ahem... That Adobe could handle the first in rendering, too, but assumptions often go the way of all things ;-), I'd make'em match. You'd be a happier camper.

As for the particular project that you have, I've not done a Clipnotes project, so I'm not up to speed - pun not intended - on what you're doing, but it does sound like you've got a 44KHz sound file in a 48KHz project or some such.

I would recommend a "Properties" check all around, and perhaps a bump up to a next level on audio, if that is possible.

Good luck.

Mike
Old August 17th, 2008, 03:02 PM   #5
Major Player

That's where I thought you were going, and it makes sense... but there's no such control over the render parameters of a Clipnotes. It is its own exporter and offers only a good, better, best flavor of encoding.
Old August 17th, 2008, 04:07 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Hi,

Can you check properties?

Mike
Old August 17th, 2008, 04:29 PM   #7
Major Player

Hey Mike,

All elements and Premiere project parameters are good. Only the Quicktime version of Clipnotes has issues.

The output file of Clipnotes is a PDF wrapper, so there are no properties that would correlate with sampling rates, etc.

It must be a Quicktime problem, because Clipnotes has no problem outputting a perfect WMV based output.

I'm outputting a prerendered version of my project to Clipnotes now, to see if there is any impact on things.
Marty Baggen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite