A beginners question about Premier... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old August 27th, 2008, 10:20 AM   #1
Regular Crew

A beginners question about Premier...

Yesterday we recorded video to a hard drive from an XL-H1 and the audio went to a Roland R4-Pro. We loaded the tracks into Premier, and we couldn't find the timecode to match up the video and audio....Assuming that we had timecode properly recorded on our tracks, where do we look in Premier to find what we need? Thanks in advance, Marty
Marty Molloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2008, 10:38 AM   #2
Wrangler

Hey Marty, just guessing from your previous threads that you're using HD-SDI to a HDD array? The original XL H1 does only video from the HD-SDI, no audio and no timecode. In the XL line, only the new XL H1S embeds audio and timecode along with the video in the HD-SDI stream.

If using HDV, it'll depend on your capture software; I haven't done any HDV capture with PPro for quite a while so I'm rusty, but I think that in native HDV mode it should retain the original timecode from the tape...probably someone who does native HDV capture can verify or correct that.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2008, 01:02 PM   #3
Regular Crew

We are using Adobe On Location for the actual video capture, and an external hard drive hooked up to our laptop. I was thinking that the timecode should be retained on the video and audio files as well as on the tape, but we can't find them once we load them into Premier. I'm hoping we are just overlooking something simple...How do we find/bring up the timecode on the tracks? Thanks again in advance! Marty

Last edited by Marty Molloy; August 28th, 2008 at 04:19 AM.
Marty Molloy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite