Mixing footage from 2 cams at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old September 1st, 2008, 10:37 AM   #1
Major Player

Mixing footage from 2 cams

I have footage from an HVX200 (960x720 1.33 PAR) and a Canon A1 (1440x1080 1.33 PAR).
I need to make them all part of one project, it is combining trailers from the 3 shorts I am working on, which were filmed 2 with 1 camera and 1 with the other cam. How can I set up a project in CS3 to use and display them all in the same video properly? Thanks :)
Old September 1st, 2008, 05:55 PM   #2
Trustee

More info needed

A key data point's missing. What format will your output project be? Whatever it is, use that preset. If it's 1080, upscale the 720 footage to fit. If it's 720, downscale the 1080 footage to conform it to the projects size. Not tough to do.
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2008, 07:27 PM   #3
Major Player

What do you mean by "upscale"? Just up the scale? Is there a known percentage to do so? Or should it fit visually?

*off topic*
I was just up in Conway yesterday, used to stay in N. Conway for summer vacations when I was a kid, beautiful area.
Old September 2nd, 2008, 08:08 AM   #4
Major Player

Just try... We cannot give a relevant answer without knowing your project settings. I would try to avoid upscaling, downscale your 1080 footage to 720 instead.
Jiri Fiala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2008, 10:00 AM   #5
Major Player

I don`t know the project settings either thats the problem, I am looking for how to set the project up best to handle it.

Another thought, can a DVD in Encore do the same thing? Play a video file that is 1080 then play another file that is 720? Would it display them properly and fill the screen?
Old September 2nd, 2008, 10:26 AM   #6
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Quattrini View Post
Another thought, can a DVD in Encore do the same thing? Play a video file that is 1080 then play another file that is 720? Would it display them properly and fill the screen?
DVD is similar to the T Ford. It can play everything, just so long as it is within the DVD specs, meaning 720x480 NTSC resolution. No way to use 1080 or 720 material. It needs downrezzing first.
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2008, 11:08 AM   #7
Major Player

So, make a widescreen SD project and tick "Always scale to fit" in Preferences. This will take care of everything.
Jiri Fiala is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite