DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   24p probelms in Premiere!! Help!! Please! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/129469-24p-probelms-premiere-help-please.html)

John Samuel September 6th, 2008 11:00 AM

24p probelms in Premiere!! Help!! Please!

Hello I'll make it simple, I transfer my 60i footage to 23.976 in After Effects. I then export it to AVI.file then import into Premiere Pro Cs3, I put it on the 60i timeline then after do that it seems to play out nicely. BuT when I render the 23.967 footage I get this jumpy jitter effect on the video why? please Help.

John Samuel September 7th, 2008 02:25 PM

nobody can help me?

Pete Bauer September 7th, 2008 03:05 PM

Not really enough information to do anything but guess. Are you ending up with a 24p video or a 60i video? If the latter, I'm curious why you're going back and forth between 60i and 24p?

If you can post either a short video clip of the artifact or at least a sequence of 5 or 6 successive images, and tell us more about your process at each step, someone might be able to help. A few specific questions:

- by "transfer to AE" do you mean simply importing existing files, dynamic link from PPRo, or are you rendering out to AVI within PPro and then importing into AE?
- if rendering, what settings?
- how are you handling pulldown upon the "transfer to AE?"
- what settings are you using to render out to AVI from AE?
- what are the project settings of the final PPro project you're importing to?
- what are the render settings for the final render out of PPro?

John Samuel September 7th, 2008 07:00 PM

Thank you for Finally posting me something, I was getting alone out here.

Let me tell you what I do step by step.

1. I capture my 60i footage into Premiere Pro cs3. So it's on my computer.

2. I import the 60i footage into After Effects and Interpert it as 23.976. I drag it onto a new comp

3. I use Anderw Kramer's Preset to make my now slowed down 60i footage to run real time to 23.976. He uses timewarp to do this to the footage. Here is his tuorial if you don't know who he is.
VideoCopilot.net Video Tutorials & Post Production

4. I render it onto my computer. Then Export it as AVI. and Ntsc/DVCPRO 23.976 and export it.

5. I go to my videos click on the clip and it as no jitter in Windows media player.

6. I open up Adobe Premiere pro and import the clip. I'm using a 60i DV 720x480 timeline. Even though I croped to 2:35...doesn't matter?

7. Drag my 23.976 footage to the timeline and it seems to play just like it did in windows media player. I'm happy.

8. I render the clip out to try and export it then this happens. The frames begin to jump and every two frames are blured so it makes a jumpy jitter effect , in focus and not in focus.

9. I get depressed and pull out my whiskey.

NOTE: I'm shooting in 60i to transfer to 24p then to playback as 60i while keeping the 24p look. Like what the Canon Hv20 does when your shooting in 24p.

I tried this in Pinnacle and had no problem but I don't want to use Pinnacle so I need help.

Thank you. If you could help me. Thank you. PLEASE!

Eric Addison September 7th, 2008 10:09 PM

If you're putting a 24P clip on a 29.97 timeline, that's what will happen - PPro is converting the clip to a 29.97 clip...you need to work under a 24P project setting. Also, is there a reason your using the DVCPRO setting and not the standard DV setting? I'd try that.

Also, I'm not sure if the preset in AE will give you that 24P look - I think it'll just convert the footage frame rate...you might look into Magic Bullet Frames. It's a bit more then just changing the frame rate to get that look.

John Samuel September 8th, 2008 05:50 PM

Thank you for responding. So you think it's that I'm putting the 23.976 on a 29.97 timeline.

I use NTSC/ DVCRO cause that is the only DV preset there is. Is there any other? Oh and does it matter if it's 23.976 or 24p on a timeline? Thank you.

Eric Addison September 9th, 2008 04:54 PM

I'm pretty sure that's it. I've tried mixing 24P and 29.97 footage in the past, and that sounds like what happens.

When you come out of AE, I would use the DV NTSC preset.

Also, 23.976 is 24P...

If you're trying to get that 24P look, the best way is to really shoot that way. Andrew Kramers AE preset is a great tool, but I don't think it's going to give you what you're really going after. If you are unable to shoot 24P, I'd really encourage you to look into Red Giant Software's Magic Bullet frames. I've used it before to convert footage, and it does a pretty good job. But as I said, the best way is to shoot in that format.

And for what it's worth, when you end up putting your project on DVD or tape, it's going to be played back most of the time at 29.97 - the NTSC standard. Unless you create a 24P master DVD, and play it back on a progressive monitor, it'll be converted to 29.97 interlaced.