Export to Encore | "Empty Project"? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old September 24th, 2008, 05:25 PM   #1
New Boot

Export to Encore | "Empty Project"?

Hi all!

Ah, my inaugural post. I've been a mere bystander and admirer of the site for over a year. There's an amazing amount of information available here. Totally respect you guys.

What better way to make a first impression than to freak out with a Premiere/Encore question?

Here goes: Ah! What the crap! (Freaking out.)

I'm using Premiere and Encore CS3, trying to use the "Export to Encore" feature in PPro to burn a DVD without menus. Premiere goes through it's render and as soon as Encore opens to accept it, a prompt comes up that says "Empty Project".

Any ideas? Am I missing a step?

Regards,

Peter Murray
Peter Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2008, 09:26 PM   #2
Trustee

Did the transcode in PP complete successfully? Check inside the Encore project folders. They'll be in the same directory as your project. Look for a folder named "Transcodes". Find out what's in there. There should be an audio and video file. See if you can play them back all the way to the end. If you can and the quality is good then PP flipped out at the end of the transcode. Well AME actually flipped out.

Create a timeline in Encore. Drop in the audio and video. Check to make sure they're synced. If they are, check the project and build your disk.

CS3 is prone to problems whilst transcoding on system where things aren't exactly the way the software expects.
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2008, 06:37 PM   #3
New Boot

Tripp -

Figured it out! Thank you for taking the time to offer a solution. Much appreciated, Sir.

Apparently in the under the "Multiplexing" tab in the compression settings, you cannot select "DVD", you must select "None".

Why you are given the option to screw up your project, I have no idea.

With that said, what the heck does multiplexing refer to anyway?

-Pete
Peter Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2008, 06:59 PM   #4
Major Player

Peter, I hate to discourage you and sincerely hope this doesn't happen to you at totally inappropriate moments like with many, but we've had this prob on and off for months. It's gotten so that we just output knowing it'll probably stop at that error message in Encore, then we look for the mpg it created and make a DVD anyway. It usually completes the render out, but fails to complete it's simple chore in Encore. Very buggy, very poor.

BTW, if you search in other forums, you'll see this is a very common bug, with no explanation as to why. It really has nothing to do with your choices in PP. It's just a continuing buggy saga for a really lousy program called Encore. It may work, and it may not.

Toss a coin. "Professional software"? NOT! IMHO, never was, and may never be. Just a bad Adobe buyout, trying to get itself improved. When the foundation's not good, doesn't matter how much more you stack on top or add...it's still not good.

It's just like the other Adobe strangeware called Soundbooth. Why in the world is Adobe pushing that instead of Audition, a truly professional acquisition Adobe made from Syntrillium? Some very twisted logic in there, I'm afraid!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite