DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Random still frame in nested sequence...? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/134753-random-still-frame-nested-sequence.html)

Dan Parkes September 25th, 2008 03:33 PM

Random still frame in nested sequence...?

Here's an interesting situation that has cropped up on a friend's Matrox RTX-100 running Premiere Pro 2. An hour long multi-camera edit of a show has been nested in a new sequence, and suddenly some random still frames (about 7 of them from other parts of the show) have appeared. They only run for a second or two. Checking the original sequence there seems to be no problem. Upon exporting the sequence out it seems to be fine...

Any ideas on what's causing this? Has anyone else encountered a similar problem and found a fix? We have thought of deleting all the preview files (corrupted maybe?) but if the full export is fine then this seems to be unnecessary.

Any input much appreciated!

Dan

Tripp Woelfel September 25th, 2008 05:54 PM

Dan... Two possibilities come to mind. First is a data corruption problem on the disk. Some of the data descriptors may be pointing to the wrong sectors on the disk. You might want to run chkdsk on the drive containing the video clips. (I know way more about this than I want to because I used to work for a disk drive company.)

Second is that you could have a corrupt PP project. I think this more likely. For reasons I don't understand you can often solve this problem by taking the project you are working on and import into a brand new project. I had some issues with a project. Did this, and the problems were solved. I'd try this first. It's quicker.

Don't know anything about the Matrox system but you probably want to make sure that you have the latest drivers for it. Trust me. It matters.

Good luck. Hope this helps.

Dan Parkes September 25th, 2008 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tripp Woelfel (Post 943247)
Dan... Two possibilities come to mind. First is a data corruption problem on the disk. Some of the data descriptors may be pointing to the wrong sectors on the disk. You might want to run chkdsk on the drive containing the video clips. (I know way more about this than I want to because I used to work for a disk drive company.)

Second is that you could have a corrupt PP project. I think this more likely. For reasons I don't understand you can often solve this problem by taking the project you are working on and import into a brand new project. I had some issues with a project. Did this, and the problems were solved. I'd try this first. It's quicker.

Don't know anything about the Matrox system but you probably want to make sure that you have the latest drivers for it. Trust me. It matters.

Good luck. Hope this helps.

Thanks Tripp -I appreciate your prompt and comprehensive reply to this query. My friend and I searched the forums for any similar issue but could not find any, so your response is most helpful. I will pass on your advice regarding importing the project into a new project to my friend as it is his system that is experiencing the issue, and will see if we can report back any differences.

Many thanks
Dan