DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Adding a color reference monitor (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/135262-adding-color-reference-monitor.html)

Kevin Shahinian October 5th, 2008 10:52 AM

Adding a color reference monitor

Running Premiere Pro CS2 / Cineform Aspect HD / Nvidia GeForce 7600 GT graphics card has two DVI outs: one digital and one analog. Gateway 23" LCD connected to the digital out.

Although XP does, Premiere doesn't seem to properly recognize a second LCD display out of the analog DVI... (PPro video/modules simply freeze)

Regardless: I'm interested in adding an NTSC color referrence monitor to this setup (preferrably HD).

Any advice regarding cards (on a budget here) to achieve this would be great.

Would also welcome display suggestions, for optimum/accurate color referrence.

Thanks!

Kenneth Johnson October 5th, 2008 11:21 AM

Kevin,
Just get a MAC and solve the problem. I can run 4 30-inch screens off mine. (joke, joke, joke)

2 years ago I had a similar problem before i went to a mac. i was using a Dell notebook with premier pro. I found a splitter for twin DVI output if I remember correctly. Was able to run 2 screens at the same time, but this was over 2 years ago.

try a google search on dual dvi splitter and see what you come up with.

This might work for your set up

ken

Graham Hickling October 6th, 2008 12:41 PM

Working fine here (on a PC) with CS3, AspectHD, a 512MB ATi card, and 24" and 22" LCDs.

Does your video card have enough memory for the resolutions you are running at?

Mike McCarthy October 8th, 2008 01:14 AM

Check the "Playback Settings" sub-dialog in the Project settings window. Depending on the config, in may show up as an option there, or use dual view and drag the panels you want acroos to the new screen.

Kevin Shahinian October 21st, 2008 09:40 AM

Thanks guys. (Recently upgraded to CS3).

What I'm looking to do is add a video output card to monitor my CS3 + Aspect HD (Cineform) timeline for color reference full screen in HD either via HDMI or component, etc.

Apparently Cineform does not support the Blackmagic cards at this point - Prospect supports the AJA Xena cards (LH sells for $1,500 plus the Prospect upgrade... hefty).

Any Aspect users find an affordable solution? Will post in Cineform forum as well.

Thanks!

George Kroonder October 21st, 2008 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin Shahinian (Post 953772)
Thanks guys. (Recently upgraded to CS3).

Don't forget that if you recently upgraded; you may qualify for a free CS4 upgrade. Adobe will not tell you (unless you are a volume license customer); you have to ask for it (online or by phone).

Adobe is even more secretive for the US region than here in Europe, where all launch-release language versions use the September 23rd 2008 as the start date to qualify for the update.

See: Adobe post-announce upgrade policy for single-user products

George/