NVIDIAŽ QuadroŽ CX for AdobeŽ Creative SuiteŽ 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old October 19th, 2008, 01:19 AM   #1
Wrangler

NVIDIAŽ QuadroŽ CX for AdobeŽ Creative SuiteŽ 4

Looks really great. Can't wait to see real performance reviews. Looks like it's gonna run around US$2,000.

NVIDIAŽ QuadroŽ CX for AdobeŽ Creative SuiteŽ 4.

(or click here to see some videos of it in action).
Old October 19th, 2008, 06:54 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Very interesting... A less expensive board like nVIDIA GTX 280 with CUDA feature will provide more efficient power to render h.264 in PREMIERE CS4?? I'm need to edit native AVCHD and apparently the CS4 will be able, but even with a Q6600 CORE QUAD, i made an experience with Corel VideoStudio (witch support avchd native edit) and seems heavy...

Will be nvidia board with CUDA feature faster than woth the money?? (for edit and render?) Thanks
Old October 19th, 2008, 08:06 AM   #3
Trustee

Pardon my skepticism, but it looks like the marketing machine is getting ahead of the real world. The specs look good (the ones I can actually understand), but I don't see any real-world benefits directly related to these high-zoot specs.

I'll want lots of actual use-case reviews before I even dream about parting with two grand for something like this.
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2008, 03:05 PM   #4
Trustee

Or better yet you could just get a Matrox RT.x2 for the same price and use it with a wide range of $200.00 to $300.00 video cards and be able to do much much more in real time plus all the extra added effects and better color corrections tools of the Matrox board. Plus you get the analog component in/out without having to go out and buy a Blackmagic Intensity pro card.

If you want real power then there is the Matrox Axio boards which cost a bit more.

This gpu support is a move in the right direction but I still don't understand why it is so limited and only works on outrageous over priced video cards. Pinnacle has had great gpu support for more then 5 years in Liquid and it works with any video card you feed it as long as it was at least directx9 based. That is the way true gpu support should be done. Not limited to special instructions from a special video card. Pretty much they are creating the Matrox boards all over again many years later. Matrox is another example of great gpu support where they can tap into pretty much any video card to enhance the performance.
Thomas Smet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2008, 07:52 AM   #5
Major Player

Fast h.264 renders would be nice...however I have seen little in the effects in After Effects or Premiere that will benefit from the OpenGL hardware assist this card would give. Probably somewhere in the realm of 20% of the plugins are using any OGL hardware optimization so while it will (and does btw) help with those, in the famous words of the old Cadbury Secret commercial.....how much will you pay to learn the secret of how they get the caramel etc...etc............"NOT ENOUGH".
James Hooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2008, 05:17 PM   #6
Regular Crew

NVIDIA and Matrox AXIO HD

Marriage made in heaven or compatibility nightmare. Can they work together, what are the combined benefits? In a perfect world you get accelerated effects, Open GL, native MPEG2 and h.264.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite