Please help...I am frustrated! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old October 25th, 2008, 04:07 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Please help...I am frustrated!

Greetings, gang! Boy am I exasperated! For the last few days, I have been trying to transfer slide images out of PowerPoint so they can be integrated (as still frames) into Premiere Pro, to support a "talking head" on-camera presenter. I have used every solution I've seen on this and other forums and each time my resultant images are very poor. Camstudio, Camtasia, SnagIt and others...all with the same crappy result. Are there any suggestions that might help? Certainly, I could create graphics from scratch from within the titling facility in Premiere, but thought the other suggestions would work. Not!!!

So I'm putting my plea out to all the experts, gurus and the like on the forum, and I thank you in advance for any help you could offer.

Terry Wall
Terry Wall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2008, 04:16 PM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Wall View Post
Greetings, gang! Boy am I exasperated! For the last few days, I have been trying to transfer slide images out of PowerPoint so they can be integrated (as still frames) into Premiere Pro, to support a "talking head" on-camera presenter. I have used every solution I've seen on this and other forums and each time my resultant images are very poor. Camstudio, Camtasia, SnagIt and others...all with the same crappy result. Are there any suggestions that might help? Certainly, I could create graphics from scratch from within the titling facility in Premiere, but thought the other suggestions would work. Not!!!

So I'm putting my plea out to all the experts, gurus and the like on the forum, and I thank you in advance for any help you could offer.

Terry Wall

I use File Save as "Jpeg" or in Power Point 2007 .png I think.

Has always look good to me. Even when I blow them up to fill up a full HD video. How complicated are your slides? Most of the ones I use are mainly text but some have had drawings and pictures.
Old October 25th, 2008, 04:23 PM   #3
Inner Circle

never use jpeg, use bmp or other lossless format
Giroud Francois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2008, 11:06 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Do you have access to the entire CS package? If so, Premiere likes it best when you run any graphics through Photoshop or Illustrator first. That is, import into one of the Adobe programs and use the "save as" or "export" command to save to the size and format you want, then import the resulting file into Premiere. This is what Adobe recommends.

Also, make sure you are saving to the right resolution -- preferably the same as your project. Don't go bigger -- Premiere hates this.

How are the images "poor"? Can you post a screenshot?
Adam Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2008, 02:57 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Hello,

We have the same problem with power point slides...what we found out is that the free OpenOffice suite offers better quality when exporting the slides. So open the power point document with OpenOffice and export from there, play a little and you find it gives better quality.
Jose Milan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite