DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Sound only on Right speaker? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/136696-sound-only-right-speaker.html)

Colin Zhang October 27th, 2008 03:57 AM

Unbalanced sound and Buzzing

I have video that, maybe due to improper capture, only has sound going through the right speakers. I have had this problem before, but never found a way to fix it. Do you guys have any suggestions on how the make the sound balanced? Thanks

Colin Zhang October 27th, 2008 04:36 AM

OK i found out that i could use the "Fill Right" (i think it was called that) effect to do this. Now, I have another question: for some reason there are some annoying "buzzes" in the sound. I can't really describe what they sound like, but I guess its remotely comparable to that of a receipt printer going off in short bursts. Is there an easy way to remove this?

Marcelo Lima October 27th, 2008 04:45 AM

I already had this problems too, but i dont remember how i fixed it... If i am wrong its happens because of k-lite codec or something we install on pc.... If you using k-lite depending of de version could be.. I just dont remember, but its the same problem... we start a new project everything is fine, but when we close and open again we can heasr and monitoring sound on one channel only... (on meters..)

By the way what version of premiere you are using??

Colin Zhang October 27th, 2008 05:08 AM

I'm using CS3. I didn't install any extra plugins or anything so i think its the camera's problem. Since a microphone adapter didn't work we had to switch the the onboard mic. Also do you know anything that could fix the buzzing? Thanks

Emrys Roberts October 27th, 2008 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin Zhang (Post 956046)
I'm using CS3. I didn't install any extra plugins or anything so i think its the camera's problem. Since a microphone adapter didn't work we had to switch the the onboard mic. Also do you know anything that could fix the buzzing? Thanks

Most likely the reason you only have sound coming out of one speaker is because it recorded in mono instead of stereo. Using the fill Right effect like you did should fix the issue. As far as the buzzing, the dB on the audio is probably spiking from being recorded at too high of levels. I would try pulling it into Soundbooth and click normalize. IT should get rid of a little bit of that. Unfortunately if it's from the actual audio captured on set, then there isn't too much you can do to fix it.

Colin Zhang October 28th, 2008 03:29 AM

Thanks for the help, from what I can tell the buzzing is coming from somewhere in the camera - it was slightly noticeable and not important while playing back on the camera but the noise is very apparent playing it back on the computer. It seems like the person here is having similar problems. Is there some way to make it less noticeable, though? Say reducing higher-pitched sounds or something? I have no idea how to use Soundbooth so anything in there advanced I probably can't do. Thanks!

Emrys Roberts October 28th, 2008 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin Zhang (Post 956526)
Thanks for the help, from what I can tell the buzzing is coming from somewhere in the camera - it was slightly noticeable and not important while playing back on the camera but the noise is very apparent playing it back on the computer. It seems like the person here is having similar problems. Is there some way to make it less noticeable, though? Say reducing higher-pitched sounds or something? I have no idea how to use Soundbooth so anything in there advanced I probably can't do. Thanks!

Yeah I'm not too sure. Definitely sounds like it might possibly be mechanical. It might be a safe bet to have to have the camera serviced just to double check. As far as reducing the buzz, right on the audio in premiere and select edit in soundbooth. From there try a few of the presets they have for noise reduction, and see if that helps.

Colin Zhang October 29th, 2008 02:57 AM

Thanks for the suggestion, but it putting it into SB didn't help much. Looks like I'm going to have to just stick with the buzz and, as a last resort, record voiceovers on top of the footage as I need this done pretty soon. Thanks for your help everyone!