Missing MPEG2-DVD format preset in Media Encoder at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old November 9th, 2008, 04:41 PM   #1
New Boot

Missing MPEG2-DVD format preset in Media Encoder

I have been in the process of making a number of family wedding/birthday/party videos into DVDs. I had been using Premiere CS3, and rendering the final video files with the MPEG2-DVD preset in the media encoder.

Well I reinstalled my computer about 3 weeks ago due to a funky malware that I was unable to remove. I have reinstalled Premiere but I find that the MPEG2-DVD preset option is now gone from the media encoder. I thought maybe it was the file types that I was using in this newest set of videos but even when I open older projects, which had previously been finished using MPEG2-DVD, the option is still not there.

Any ideas as to why the preset is missing? At the moment I only see 4 options, Adobe Flash, Quicktime, Windows Media, and Realplayer. Previously there were a LOT of others.

Any help would be awesome!
Nic Paquette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2008, 08:33 PM   #2
Trustee

There seems to be a lot of this going around lately. Similar problem was posted in the DVD forum.

You can do a couple of things. Firstly, presets are just that. Presets. You can create your own. Go into the Media Encoder and create your own. This assumes that you know the parameters you want to use in the setup.

If you don't feel comfortable doing that, the simplest thing would be to uninstall and reinstall Premier/Encore/Media Encoder. You may not have to do all three, but I can't remember in which application the presets live.
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2008, 10:30 PM   #3
Major Player

Its not missing, you just have to click export to encore. Then you have the mpeg2 dvd functions.
Old November 9th, 2008, 11:43 PM   #4
New Boot

Reinstall worked. I just had to make sure that I installed the "third party content". I didn't install that the first time because I didn't think it was important.

Thanks!
Nic Paquette is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite