CalDigit problems at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old November 12th, 2008, 05:10 PM   #1
Regular Crew

CalDigit problems

Im working on a feature film. I have 180hrs of RAW material stored in an array.

I have two arrays in different computers. One is using a 1.25TB and the other an 8TB array. I work mostly with Adobe apps in a PC.

My problem is that the 8TB array doesnt work with premiere pro or after effects. Each time i try to import something in to the project the application crashes.

I´ve been trying to contact CalDigit support for over three months now. But they dont provide any solution. I think they dont even try to provide one.

I´m posting in the forum in the hope that some user with similar issues found a solution to the issue im facing.

CalDigit claims they have a stellar support but thats a lie
Sergio Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2008, 05:26 AM   #2
Trustee

A lot more details are required to help you solve this, but as a first step check in disk management whether the array is indicated as a GPT volume. Problems have been reported with LBA64 addressing without conversion to GPT, especially in cases where the MBR changed to sector sizes larger than the standard 512 bytes.

Details required are OS/SP?, Caldigit controller, IOP in use, raid level, event log, etc.
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2008, 04:24 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Harm:

The crash occurs in every Windows i´ve connected the disk.
I have two arrays in different workstations. I´ve moved the arrays to other workstations.

The 1.25TB array works perfectly, I can open any project stored on that one. But the 8TB just doesnt work. The only time it works is when I share it over the network and drag a file into a project on another workstation. That made me think it was the RAID controller. So I switched for the other one. And it didnt work.

Im using a PCI-E Caldigit controler, everything is updated to the latest build from BIOS to drivers, RAID Level 5.

The disk is not indicated as GPT, do you think that might be the problem?
Sergio Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2008, 04:53 AM   #4
Trustee

What OS do you use? Did you use dynamic disks or are they basic? What OS do you use on the server? Did you try with 4 arrays each smaller than 2 TB? My first suspicion is the 2 TB limit.
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite