One frame audio drop in CS3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old November 17th, 2008, 07:35 PM   #1
Major Player

One frame audio drop in CS3

Hi Guys, I have a little problem that I cannot solve and I need help or someone has this problem like mine. I shoot with the z7u using the 32gig cf card. I shoot in DV mode, and imported the clips to Premiere CS3. I got a one frame drop in audio like every 10 minutes. I am editing with a quadcore Vista. I also tried with my XP laptop and same problem.

I tried to play the clips directly on the windows media player and never have a drop audio. I have also tried Vegas Pro 8.0 trial and never have any drop audio. So I guess the problem is in Premire CS3.

I am trying to trial the CS4 but I got an error installing. Any one got this dropping audio? Don't tell me that my computer is slow, I am only editing a DV video.

Jun
Old November 17th, 2008, 07:46 PM   #2
Trustee

Is the audio actually not there or does the playback drop out when playing the timeline. If it's the former, I've never heard of that. If it just drops audio when playing back, that's a system resource issue that will not show up in your final output file.

You shouldn't have any problems with DV files on a QuadCore machine.

If the CS4 install had any issues during the installation, uninstall the effected products and reinstall them. CSx is a complex suite of products with lots of stuff inside. All the bits inside need to be exactly where they belong or your life will be nothing but misery.
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2008, 07:59 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks for the quick response. The audio from the camera has no drop out, only when I lay them in the timeline. I tried to burn a sample from Encore and played back in my DVD player and the drop out is still there. I also tried to uninstall and reinstall premire CS3 and same problem. I don't have problem with my Premiere Pro 1.5.

I will try CS4 trial again. If still the same, I may switch to Vegas.

Jun
Old November 18th, 2008, 07:25 AM   #4
Trustee

I'm wondering if you might have an audio codec issue. With Premier 1.5 and CS3, and potentially CS4 all on one machine there might be some audio codec confusion. If you have other audio applications on the same system, that may exacerbate the problem.

Media applications strew codecs around like chicken feed in a hen house. PP can get tripped up by another application's codec.

Try this. Render out the audio in the timeline as a wav file. Import it into the project and see if it plays OK. If it does, replace the original audio with this wav file. Then output the project. If the problem is solved, I'd guess a codec problem. If it doesn't, then I'm lost as to the source of the problem.
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2008, 04:09 PM   #5
Major Player

Thanks for the help. As I have said, I have already exported the movie to AVI and import it to Encore and burn a sample DVD. The problem is still there. I only have Premiere CS3 and Encore in my machine, no other application. I still can't get CS4 trial to work, I got an installation error on Media Encoder. I will experiment this week end. I am suspecting its the sony utility clip converter for a long clip. It happens only on a long clip, not the clip less than 4gig.

Jun
Old November 24th, 2008, 11:47 AM   #6
Major Player

As an update to my problem on one frame audio drop out, the problem is Premiere CS3, I don't know if it fix in CS4, I can't trial the CS4, have isssue in installing.

So my work around is just extract the audio from the video with a third party software and replace the original audio in Premiere timeline with the extracted audio and works fine. It just takes me about 5 minutes for a project.

Jun

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite