Can Encore export dvd in 720x405??? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old November 18th, 2008, 09:44 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Can Encore export dvd in 720x405???

Hello,

I have different media recorded with different cameras: DV (720x576) and HDV (used in 16:9 DV mode), to be able to link them our projects are always 720x405 so we can have panoramic videos.

The thing is we want to make a dvd of that aspect, but Encore doesn't let 720x405 it goes to default setting of 720x576 (we use Pal here), I can see it gets the video right (720x405), but it says the output will be 720x576, I can only choose the aspect of 4:3 or 16:9.

I think we have to use this mode but it would look a little bit strange I guess.

Any help of how I can solve this with Encore?

Thanks.
Jose Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2008, 09:58 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I have previewed the project and it seems that choosing the aspect of 16:9 encore will take care and do it right since 720x405 has an aspect ratio of 16:9. Am I right?
Jose Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2008, 12:20 PM   #3
Inner Circle

I think what you call 'panoramic video' is actually just plain wide screen PAL which is still the standard 720x576 pixels but the pixel aspect ratio is different.

You should start the project right, and from there you will have absolutely no problems, everything will fall in place automatically. Encore will not export any non-standard format, it will re-encode your video to 720x576, and you will loose on quality.
Old November 18th, 2008, 06:05 PM   #4
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose Milan View Post
I have different media recorded with different cameras: DV (720x576) and HDV (used in 16:9 DV mode), to be able to link them our projects are always 720x405 so we can have panoramic videos.
Frame size and pixel aspect ratio combine to give you the apparent visible size of a video. 4:3 DV uses a PAR of .9. 16:9 DV has a PAR of something like 1.2 (this ancient brain cannot keep that many numbers in place). The frame size for both in PAL will be 720x576.

If you crop the video to 720x405 to get 16x9, you will lose quality. If both cameras can capture 16x9, you can create an SD Widescreen project in Premier. It will handle the rest for you. If you're using Encore for burning, it will give you what you want without you having to change size or PAR. Just make sure it sees the footage as 16:9.
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2008, 02:51 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Hello guys,

Thanks for the answers. The problem is that both cameras can't recorded in 16:9, that is the compromise of 720x405, loose quality in one of them mainly, but until we get another new camera is what we do. Mainly our stuff go to web and is even more reduced, once in a while like in this case we have to make a dvd with the original material, so I guess will have a little bit of distortion with the PAR, since now the one use is square pixel (for web use) and Encore will make the 1.2 PAR.

But for now I don't see any other solution, since the editing is done already (and took to many hours to start over).

Jose
Jose Milan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite