Lost audio data in reopened CS3 HDV projects at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old November 25th, 2008, 03:20 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Lost audio data in reopened CS3 HDV projects

Wondering if anyone else has had this problem. When I re-open a previously saved project in Premiere CS3 that contains HDV (m2t) files, the audio is lost. The tracks are there, but they contain no data (total silence).

I can resolve the issue by selecting all of the m2ts in the project bin and choosing 'Make Offline' then re-linking them by selecting 'Link Media', forcing a re-conforming of the audio. However, this is quite annoying to have to do every time I open a project.

The only thing I have changed on my copy of CS3 is to download the patch that was released to add Panasonic P2 format support.
Dan Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2008, 05:52 PM   #2
Trustee

I work pretty regularly with m2t files in CS3 and have not seen that problem.

It could be related to your audio codecs. Have you changed anything lately or added any software that would touch an audio codec? That could be the cause. Unfortunately the only solution I know if is to uninstall the offending software, then uninstall and reinstall CS3.

If you've gotten things sorted for now and can work with what you have, you might want to wait and see if the problem sprouts again on a new project with new footage.
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite