Adobe Crappy Customer Service at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old December 7th, 2008, 04:36 PM   #1
Major Player

Adobe Crappy Customer Service

I have been using the Adobe Video Collection (vintage 2005-2006). I decided to upgrage to CS3 on about October 10, 2008 when Video Guys had an upgrade sale. The sale was "Buy CS3 Production Premium and get a FREE upgrage to CS4 Production Premium when it ships". Video Guys delivered the CS3 suite in just over a week. On the shrink rap of the lage box for the CS3 suite was a sticker; "Call Adobe for your free upgrade to CS4 Production Premium at 1-800-###-####. When I did, the Adobe representative wanted my Adobe order number for my CS3 purchase. I told her I did not have one since I purchased the product from Video Guys. She then informed me that she could not help me because I had not purchased the product directly from Adobe, and that I would have to do it on line. I was a bit miffed, but proceeded to do so. I found the Adobe Customer service/upgrade pages very difficult to navigate, but finally found what seemed like the correct page (something like "pre-release upgrades). I entered all of my info, serial #, attached copy of my invoice, etc. and sent it on to Adobe. They responded promptly with an email with a case number and told me that customer service would contact me with more information. That was on October 18, 2008. I waited 2 weeks, no response. I then filed another ticket with customer support online, and found a phone number for them. I opted for this 2 pronged approach and called them in addition to the online contact. The customer service representative this time was from in India. He was polite, but very hard to understand, and I don't think he could understand what I was saying. As long as he could stick to his worded script he was ok, otherwise, you might as well talk to a wall. I was given another case number and the promise that I would receive an E-mail within 2 days. I never received an email from ADOBE. Another Attempt with the 800 # to India, and I was informed that they never got the copy of my receipt/proof of purchase and that the upgrade period had expired. After explaining all of my efforts, he gave me a fax number and told me to fax it, and Adobe would email me within 2 days. I faxed 2 copies, just to be sure. Again, no response from Adobe. Again I file a ticket online with customer support and call India again. This time I am told by Stephen - unique name for someone with strong Indian accent - that they had received my proof of purchase and that he would order my product to be shipped to me. I asked for a confirmation number. He said he could not give me one, but that I would receive a confirmation email within 24 hours. Guess what? That was over a week ago. NO EMAIL RESPONSE, NO CONFIRMATION.
I feel this is a terrible way to treat someone has has been a loyal customer for years.
Has anyone else had a similar experience with Adobe recently? If so, maybe we can get together and have some influence with them. Sincerely - PK
Paul Kepen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2008, 06:42 PM   #2

I've been trying to install HDRACK(aka on location) on a new hard drive. Licensing authorization is a nightmare dealing with Adobe. After, quite literally, 4 calls to the Philipines, where these tech support people are located, I finally coerced someone to give me a connection to Adobe, the company in San Jose. Oh, well, this is a rant, so I won't even get started.

Goo luck, is all I can say.
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2008, 11:35 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I would try calling Video Guys and seeing what they have to say - after all, you did buy it from them and they made the promise of the upgrade.

One other thing to try is calling the Adobe Store - not the technical support #, but the Adobe store # from the Adobe website...

Good luck!
Eric Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2008, 08:23 AM   #4
Sponsor: Electronic Mailbox

Paul,

Please shoot me an email with all your information and Adobe serial number. I'll forward it to my contacts inside Adobe and see if we can accelerate this.

Gary
Old December 9th, 2008, 02:56 AM   #5
Regular Crew

i bought from videoguys and had similar experience from adobe, but i called them every day untill i got the confirmation email that the upgrade was processed. Apparantly the first time, they logged it incorrectly and i had to go over the process the second day again untill they confirmed that the correct department had the application for processing.

I was suprised to see the upgrade arrive earlier then the expected date so that was good :)
Anish Sharma is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite