DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Urgent Help (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/139652-urgent-help.html)

Kiflom Bahta December 14th, 2008 11:03 PM

Urgent Help

Hi guys i was about to deliver the project this monday premier failed me big time. my project was on premier pro2 and then i tried to open it the project with premier pro C3 and then all hell went loose. Premier pro CS said the project is damaged and can't open and then i tried with premier pro 2 and it said the same thing. I don't know what do can you guys help pls. THx

Ali Jafri December 15th, 2008 12:02 AM

Has anyone heard of this wonderful concept of backing up work? Perhaps now is a good time to start. But seriously, i've been a victim of this myself, learned the hard way, now i make backups of backups and project copies on two different physical drives.

Tripp Woelfel December 15th, 2008 08:05 AM

Try opening a new project and importing the damaged project into it. No guarantees, but it might get you through.

Cannot say enough about backups. My method is to version my projects at intervals during the development process. I'll start with "myproject-1.pproj. When I get to a point, like finishing the basic cutting, I'll save it ast "myproject-2.pproj. I'll also "Save a Copy" several times along the way too.

Herman Van Deventer December 15th, 2008 09:19 AM

Go directly to the HD folder where your project folder is located - Double click on the project icon to open up the Premiere project from there.

Also try opening the numbered project versions in the autosave folder.

Adobe Premiere interface must be closed down before doing this.

Kiflom Bahta December 15th, 2008 12:17 PM

I tried all of the above but premier keep saying file damaged and it won't load it. I was trying to save project, I usually use save as but this time i used save copy and i lost all. If ya got any tricks pls help. thx

Jiri Fiala December 15th, 2008 01:21 PM

Why don`t you search this forum first? "Reprinting" my reply from one of dozens of questions like this.
---

You might try to open your damaged project file in a little app called XML Wrench (XML:Wrench - The simple XML Editor) and run "Check if well formed" command there. Chances are there are jut some maformed links to media (garbage characters or so). This has saved my projects more than once.

Hope this helps.

Kiflom Bahta December 16th, 2008 06:53 PM

I have tried everything and started doing the project again from the scratch but if any body got solutions pls help. Do you guys know is it a good idea to have both premier 2 and cs3 in the same PC

Graham Hickling December 16th, 2008 07:27 PM

PPro2 and CS3 coexist with no problems in my experience. Just be aware that once you save a project in CS3, it can't be taken back into CS2.