Playback stops when clicking outside of application at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old December 31st, 2008, 01:55 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Playback stops when clicking outside of application

Is there a way to keep Premiere (CS3) from stopping playback whenever you click anywhere outside the app (such as accessing the volume control in the system tray)?

I'm doing an audio check on a long project, and I'm wanting to just play the timeline while I work in other applications. Whenever I minimize or switch to another window, Premiere stops playback.

Google and forum search turned up nil.
Dan Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2008, 07:43 AM   #2
Trustee

I don't think so. Premier has always worked this way going back to release 1.0. Not PP 1.0, the original Premier 1.0.

You could export the audio from the project timeline and play it back in an audio player like WinAmp. That way you could go anywhere and it would still play. A word of caution though. If you install an audio player make sure that it doesn't bring a lot of codecs with it. That can mess up the codecs in Premier. I know this from experience.

I have CS3 and WinAmp on my laptop and haven't had any problems.
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2009, 02:46 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Yeah, Premiere has always been that way. Even if you click on the bins window(project window) it will stop playing. That's a feature in Premiere that I've always disliked but then again, no other program keeps playing other than Vegas I believe.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite