Adobe Premiere discussions from 2002 - Page 8 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old June 4th, 2002, 07:26 AM   #106
Doconomus

Hello:

You're saying the problem occurs when you "Print to Video" using composite outputs on your card? What are your file settings when you plan to export?

Regards,

Kyle "Doc" Mitchell
Old June 4th, 2002, 10:05 AM   #107
StormFront

When I print to tape using firewire every so often I get a blue screen on my XL1. This causes a jump in the video and audio. I have literally tried everything. I can't imagine that it is linked to hard drive speed because it does it when I am just sitting still on the time line. I called Canon and they hadn't heard of this issue. They suggested that my firewire card wasn't fast enough, because that's what an XL1 will do when it looses connection. Iv'e tried other 1394 cards with no luck.

Old June 4th, 2002, 11:32 AM   #108
Wrangler

Are there any gaps between the video with no video in? i.e. you wanted a black screen with no video and so left a gap?

If so put in Black video

>File>New>Black video click OK

Put this in the gap.

Hope this helps,

Ed Smith
Old June 4th, 2002, 12:43 PM   #109
Doconomus

Ed:

I may be mistaken, but what I think StormFront is referring to is he does not desire ANY gaps in video. I think what they're talking about is when they're trying to uplink the data from the computer back to the camera, there is a "stutter" - a little "glitch" - and the camera records this as a blue screen. This is referred to as a "gap" by StormFront.

StormFront, I'll see if I can figure anything out at home. Talk to you then. But from gut instinct, I think it has something to do with the computer. Is your video card set by itself on IRQ 11? This might be your problem. Check if your video card is set on the same IRQ as your firewire, or with anything else for that matter. Maybe there is a confict. I know your computer is built like a brute - but it just might be a conflict of settings not really the physical hardware. But I'll talk to you later.

Regards,

Kyle "Doc" Mitchell
Old June 4th, 2002, 02:35 PM   #110
StormFront

my video card and audio card are on the same irq (16), my firewire card is on it's own (17). I origianlly thought this was the issue because my old board had some serious irq sharing going on. Everything multimedia was on irq 9. Do you know if I should use the NEC 1394 drivers or the TI? I'm gonna give the TI drivers a try. Also I have to rule out the cam being messed up because i used it to dub from one cam to another through firewire and it worked great.

I just want to let you guys know that I really appreciate all your helpfull insight. This palce is great and seems to be full of very profesional people.

Thanks again

Old June 5th, 2002, 07:28 AM   #111
Doconomus

StormFront:

Hey man. I went home and scoped out my editing system and horsed-around with the settings and such with premiere. I can't seem to figure out a fix to the problem, but I didn't get to look for too long. Reviewing over some of the other posts, it appears that there are a few other people with your trouble too. But my question is: why is it trouble for some people and not others? I can't say . . . . I still have that feeling that it is a computer situation with everyone that is having this problem; did you construct your computer yourself or did you buy it (with your specs) from a company like Dell? I'm wondering if there is something in common with all the people that it doesn't work for (other than all of you having the same problem!).

At one point last year, after editing videos to .avi's with premiere i had a problem with my computer. I noticed that after time when I played the .avi in lets say Media Player, there would be glitches. This was really frustrating because a few days/weeks before, the video ran fine. I thought it might have been my harddrive, but after defragging (I probably should have re-formatted too) the problem still lingered. I talked to some computer science/engineering type people at my university and they said that it was probably a control conflict with my settings. The editing comp. was constructed for me by Dell. But you said that you've already played with your configs. So, this might not be your problem. Hmmmmmmmmm.

I'll keep seeing what I can find. When you go to export your movie, I'm wondering if you could post your settings with the software. Maybe at work today, I can hop on a system that has premiere and see what I can figure out. But if you can post the software settings you use lately for premiere, it would be great.

Regards,

Kyle "Doc" Mitchell
Old June 5th, 2002, 09:55 AM   #112
StormFront

WhenI export from premiere I usually (although I've tried most other configs and methods) just playbackl directly from the time line with the setting "playback to dv camcorder/vcr" turned on. While I edit I can see the edited output on my big TV monitor and when I scrub it reacts swiftly. It's like the camera looses the signal. I am going to give canon another call today. I'll let you know what they have to say this time.

Thanks again for all your input.

Old June 5th, 2002, 10:18 AM   #113
StormFront

I just got off the phone with canon and they want me to send it in to be looked at. Do you all suggest I do it. I don't really want to considering so many others are having this issue (makes me think it's not my particular camera that's broken). Plus I have heard they aren't exactly lighting fast about turnarounds.

Old June 6th, 2002, 11:26 PM   #114
StormFront

I'll be honest with ya folks I think this is a Canon problem. I hooked up a couple of different cams and my XL1 is the only one that has this issue. I'm gonna hound Canon and see if I can get some answers.

Old June 9th, 2002, 01:13 AM   #115
Major Player

If you still have not found a copy e-mail me

aleigh@iafrica.com

Andrew

TOTAL AMATEUR - DOING IT FOR THE FUN
Old June 11th, 2002, 09:13 AM   #116
StormFront

Dear Robert Hedges,

Thank you for your inquiry. We regret any difficulties the connection to
the computer may have caused.

The digital camcorder is equipped with a DV IN/OUT terminal on its body
that conforms to IEEE 1394, also referred to as Firewire. This terminal
provides digital connectivity for high speed transfer of video, stills
and audio from the digital camcorder to a DV ready computer. The
firewire cable is a separate accessory that you could use. Regrettably
we do not have any drivers for the connection or configuration of the
software or the connecting device. You will have to contact the software
vendor and the firewire provider on driver configuration issues. Our
camcorders captures images at 29.97 fps which is the NTSC standard. Some
softwares captures at 30fps which can result in synchronization issues.
Unfortunately this feature cannot be changed on the camcorder and it is
not a flaw. There are no firmware updates available.

Thank you for your interest in Canon. We look forward to assisting you
in the future.

Sincerely,

Ivy
Product Support Representative

Original Message Follows:
-------------------------

INQUIRY=I get a blue flash on the camera when trying to record
video from my computer. I understand that the blue screen
means the camera has lost the signal from the computer. I
have tried 3 other cameras a JVC, a Canon, a Sony. My XL1
is the only one that does this.
Is this a problem that Canon is aware of? I have contacted
tech support by phone and they said that this is an unknown
issue. I have visited several internet message boards and
there are many people having this same issue. The XL1 is a
great camera (not cheap either) and I would love to get
full use from it. If you could please help me I would
appreciate it.

Old June 11th, 2002, 09:26 AM   #117
Doconomus

StormFront:

I seem to remember a problem with Premiere and framerates that was brought up last year. There was something about Premiere sending rendered stuff at 29.9X and it was causing problems. Do a search under "29.97" and look at the topics in that list. This issue was raised (from what I recall) last october, november area. Maybe this is what you're talking about . . .

Regards,

Kyle "Doc" Mitchell
Old June 12th, 2002, 01:46 PM   #118
New Boot

Interesting Premiere question - Video Scrolling

I have an idea that involves recording a scene with my vx2000 in progressive mode. Then grabbing key frames out of the clip. I then want to take these key frames and stich them together as if they were one big line, and have them scroll across the screen as the audio from the original scene plays.

I'm not sure of an efficient way to do this, obviously i could just make one humoungous image and just have premiere scroll it, but that would get somewhat cumbersome, as well as tempt premiere to crash on a whim.

Any ideas?
thanks,
jake
Old June 13th, 2002, 02:33 AM   #119
RED Code Chef

I think the easiest would be to load it up in After Effects. That
package has much tools for moving things around. I do think
you need to export frames first, stitch these before you can
move around on them. I'm thinking premiere can move around
pictures (never tested it myself though).

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old June 13th, 2002, 07:03 AM   #120
Capt. Quirk

I used Premier to do just that. I had a nice full moon, and wanted some clouds blowing by. I made a really wide image, and in the motion setup made it start at one end, and let it slide by through the duration.
And Premier didn't crash!!!!
Keith
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite