CS2 installation problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old February 5th, 2009, 12:34 AM   #1
Major Player

CS2 installation problem

Hi Folks,

Tried installing Production Studio Premium CS2 on a new PC (running and i7 CPU, XP Pro) and having a serious problem. At first, after running Disk 1, the PC re-started by itself, and continued from there (so I thought no worries). Then I installed the other disks, and again seemed to be no problems whatsoever. (I also installed Cineform Aspect HD.) Then, I re-started the computer, then nothing...

Just a black screen and a lone blinking cursor.

Tried digging thru Adobe's forums and knowledgebase search, but I can't even get to the start up screen.

Any help will be greatly appreciated,
Old February 6th, 2009, 11:08 AM   #2
Major Player

Problem somewhat solved. I solved the problem of the blank screen and lone cursor. Turned out that when the PC boots up, it'd boot to another HDD, instead of the OS HDD. Okay, no more blank screen.

So I uninstalled Adobe CS, installed it again, but After Effects 7 doesn't recognize the serial number. (After painful hours at the Adobe forums, turned out it's a known issue, and some users had solutions that involved going into the registry, etc. etc. Even called Adobe, but was politely, and oh so nicely, was turned down for any help, as they do not support CS2 anymore.) So, I uninstalled/installed CS2 again, but not After Effects, and all other CS2 programs seem to be running. (Unfortunately, Cineform was wonky, and became another issue. So did Magic Bullet Suite; I'm calling them next :) So...

I thought I'd see if I can install After Effects again, just for sh**s and giggles. And voila! After Effects seems to be working!

Not being a PC tech at all, it's difficult to troubleshoot problems on my own. But found alot of solutions, and advice at the web. Waiting to see if the new PC crashes :)

Best,
Old July 9th, 2009, 12:19 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Jeff, I was searching for something else and found this old thread.

I moved away from Adobe but I am coming back occasionally on projects with heavy audio editing or when I have lots of pictures to use - I still love the integration between the different pieces of Adobe software.

So I am thinking about a new i7 based computer and I was wondering if CS2 ended up working fine for you... seems like others report that older Adobe stuff works better on newer hardware.

Can you confirm this?

Thanks,

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite