Soundtrack lost when clip "inserted" at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old February 12th, 2009, 12:02 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Soundtrack lost when clip "inserted"

I had this issue once before and it only went away when I deleted the project, all clips and started over.

Adding to a sequence of already assembled clips, a portion of one clip was selected and the "insert" operation selected. The vision goes to the timeline, the soundtrack doesn't.

The sound plays fine in the clip monitor window. On the timeline its gone. Since this error no other clip will insert without losing its sound. It is not an issue of sound being muted or something not selected "on". In the timeline audio track, no matching sound clip appears.

This is getting me quite cross.

If a new sequence is opened up in the same project, the same clips will "insert" to the timeline.

I don't know if it is my mismanagement or a bug.

Has anyone else run into this?
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2009, 04:04 PM   #2
Major Player

Bob, are you working with CS4? If so, pay particular attention to the new "track focusing" changes they made (online help videos really helped me in regard to this). Also, see if you can drag only the sound (via the new icon). If you're not on CS4, ignore all the above.

It's also possible that there's not a matching audio track (mono or stereo) to "receive" the audio (i.e. you can't place a mono track into a timeline that doesn't have a mono track).

Shot in the dark, but maybe it helps,
Brian Brown
Brian Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2009, 11:45 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Brian.

Thanks for your response.

I'm using PP2 with Cineform's Prospect 2K. This one comes out of the blue and very rarely but when it does it cripples the sequence cruelbad.

I suspect it is my mismanagement or a mouseclick in the wrong place at the wrong time when Premiere is having a ponder about what it wants to do next. I find I have to leave the program ample time to settle before going to a next task.

Making a new video and audio track does not help.

This issue arose on both occasions after an inserted clip was unlinked and the sound track moved or cleared to leave the image remaining. It seems to me that the unlinking and deletion get bugged into an audio deletion of the original clip as an "edit original clip" operation even though this is not commanded.

Unfortunately after import of the same clip, even a different copy from a different source drive , the audio does not insert.

I have not reached the stage of doing my back in upending the computer around the backyard like a recalcitrant lawnmower but the Irish red mist is beginning to rise as the frustration grows. So if anyone can save me from myself with some furthur advice this will be greatly appreciated.
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2009, 12:27 PM   #4
Major Player

Hmm... it's been awhile since I used PP2. And I had nothing but frustration with the Cineform trial. But you might try to delete all of those "behind the scene" files... renders, conforms, etc. that Premiere puts into a folder (they seem to change the location of it each time the patch or upgrade PP), re-start your session, let it re-conform and then and try, try again.

Best of luck!
Brian Brown
Brian Brown is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite