best hd tapeless mini camcorder for Premier Pro 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old March 30th, 2009, 08:03 PM   #1
Regular Crew

best hd tapeless mini camcorder for Premier Pro 4

I am recording internet video training sessions in front of a white board in my 10x12 office. I put my sony hdr sr-10 on a shelf against the far wall, and the white board 12' away. reasonably good lighting lighting on board and subject.
YouTube - ppp4 as example footage.

My challenge is that the sr10 has horrible sound. I bought the ONLY wireless external mic that works with it (it does not have external mic jack, only through hot shoe), which does a much better job than the boom mic. However, it still sucks. So, I am looking for a new video camera with an external mic, so I can use a kick ass wireless microphone.

I have also just purchased premier pro 4 (windows), and am about to install it. I figure, if I am going to get a new camera, I bet that some cameras work better in the premier workflow - so I would ask the experts.

I need a small form factor because I have such a small space, and want to spend $800-1000 if possible. I want tapeless, because I want the fastest upload time into my computer. (the SR-10 is actually great for that).

Any suggestions?
Old April 1st, 2009, 03:51 AM   #2
Trustee

Save yourself some money and get yourself a Canon HV30 or HV40 and use OnLocation to capture to disk while shooting. No need for any further action. You can start editing right after the shoot.
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2009, 04:24 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I took your advice. Thanks!

BTW, I thought I had responded to this right afterwards.

I already had a sony hdr-hc1 - which OL can communicate with, so I am capturing directly to disk, and my workflow has sped up significantly - THANK YOU!

In the last month, I have switched my entire workflow over to CS4, and am loving it. Just built an i7-920 12G RAM machine so that I can actually run PP (it was too slow with my old system), and can play hdv realtime in my sequence monitor.

Looking forward to contributing to this forum.

Mark
Old July 23rd, 2009, 08:00 PM   #4
Regular Crew

If you are using that computer for real time capture I'd suggest you go with the
Canon HV40 and get the Intensity pro card from Black Magic and capture the video
non compressed... the footage will be very very good quality... and you don't have
to use the tape at all... very easy to use too.

One solution for the audio would be to get the Sony PCM-D50, it has great audio performance.
Ray Bell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite