DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Strange CS4 Bug: AsioHost.cpp-886 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/147063-strange-cs4-bug-asiohost-cpp-886-a.html)

John Hewat March 31st, 2009 05:10 AM

Strange CS4 Bug: AsioHost.cpp-886

It has popped up when the machine is sitting idle!!!

I googled it and got some foreign language sites that don't even load.

What the heck is it?

I click Continue, which is the only option the Debugger window gives me, and Premiere promptly (though ever so politely) tells me that it has encountered a serious error and must close.

Anyone got any idea what the heck is going on in my machine?

Graham Hickling March 31st, 2009 07:40 AM

Asio suggests its something related to your sound card or chip. Are any other processes (mediaplayers, Itunes) doing anything involving audio? Do you have any funky VST plugins?

John Hewat April 1st, 2009 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham Hickling (Post 1036394)
Asio suggests its something related to your sound card or chip. Are any other processes (mediaplayers, Itunes) doing anything involving audio? Do you have any funky VST plugins?

Not that I'm aware of. Premiere was the only thing running. Though for all I know some strange process was in the background. I don't have a sound card - just use the sound from my motherboard - the Supermicro X7DWA-N.

Interestingly, I regularly get the message popping up in Windows saying "A jack has been removed" and "a jack has been plugged in" to my sound ports - even though nothing's changed. It happens when the speakers are plugged in; it happens when nothing's plugged in.

Could this be related?

Graham Hickling April 1st, 2009 05:31 PM

Do you have Realtek drivers and or soundmanager for your onboard audio card? I googled that error message and found a post saying: The on-board sound on some boards with RealTek sound manager installed have universal audio jacks w/ what they call "Jack Sensing" . Meaning that the same jack can be used for input (microphone) or output (speakers).

So it may be a Realtek issue not a Windows issue.

I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the soundcard drivers and any associated software. If that doesnt work, consider disabling the onboard sound and installing a hardware soundcard.

John Hewat April 1st, 2009 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham Hickling (Post 1041013)
Do you have Realtek drivers and or soundmanager for your onboard audio card? I googled that error message and found a post saying: The on-board sound on some boards with RealTek sound manager installed have universal audio jacks w/ what they call "Jack Sensing" . Meaning that the same jack can be used for input (microphone) or output (speakers).

So it may be a Realtek issue not a Windows issue.

I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the soundcard drivers and any associated software. If that doesnt work, consider disabling the onboard sound and installing a hardware soundcard.

Good job! That's exactly what I have on my computer! The Realtek Jack Sensing appears to install with the drivers from what I can tell. I'll have a go at removing it and see what happens. I can kind of remember doing that a whlie back but all that happened was the sound just failed.

I've been considering buying a Creative Sound Card for a while anyway. Maybe the old Video Editor one. It was a bit gimmicky but kind of cool. I haven't researched Sound Cards for a long time.