Need Help With Premiere Pro Computer - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old October 24th, 2003, 12:09 PM   #16
New Boot

I don’t think I’ll be doing any 5.1 audio editing very soon. I really need to learn PPro first. I think I'll be going with just a two speaker stereo set-up, at least for now.

You're right; I should probably listen to the speakers to get an idea of their abilities. However, I have heard nothing but good things about Klipsch.

Ken
Ken Levey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2003, 03:46 PM   #17
Wrangler

Yeah then the Klipsch 2.1's should be perfect.
http://www.klipsch.com/product/product.aspx?Cid=103

Speaking of audio editing- you considered giving Vegas a try? With Vegas+DVD you get built in 5.1 surround mixing, ASIO driver support, and AC-3 audio encoding! Plus it's integrated with Sound Forge. Simply right click your audio on the timeline and choose "open in sound forge". Besides Sound Forge can runs circles around Adobe Audition which is nothing other than a repackaged Cool Edit Pro. *sorry for the rant*
Glen Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2003, 11:00 PM   #18
New Boot

I like what I've read about the Klipsch 2.1's. I may just take your suggestion and go with that set-up.

Speaking of Sound Forge. I do have a copy of that program. Played around with it a few times. Looks very robust! There's just not enough time to learn all this software. I've already made the commitment to PPro, I'll have to consider the Vegas program for later. Heck, I'm only on the first DVD of Total Training for PPro. I have so much to learn!!!!
Ken Levey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2003, 11:48 PM   #19
Trustee

Are you guys running both a PCI capture card, the Matrox, and a PCI firewire card, like the Pyro, with no problems? The reason I ask is that this can sometimes be a source of conflicts. If they both use the Texas Instruments 1394 chipset there is less chance of problems but using different chipsets has been known to cause grief.
Adrian Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2003, 11:08 PM   #20
New Boot

Adrian - I have not used the PCI Firewire Card along with the Matrox at this time. I'm having a system built for me and it will be configued as you indicated. I too have been alerted that there coould be problems. However, I was assured by the builder (B&H Pro Video) that there would be no conflicts with this configuration. I'll have the system in my hands in about two weeks. I'll update as soon as I put it through a battery of tests.

Thanks for the advice.
Ken Levey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite