DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   No Audio with dl pp CS4 to en CS4 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/209122-no-audio-dl-pp-cs4-en-cs4.html)

Greg Gerber April 17th, 2009 05:30 PM

No Audio with dl pp CS4 to en CS4

I am having a problem with one sequence 1 hr 59 min with 29 Encore markers, dynamically linked to Encore CS4 from Premier Pro CS4. The original file is an AVI Type 2 from a Canon XHA1 video camera with FSC hard drive. The sequence originally transcoded and burned a test DVD with no problem in encore. Still targa images were exported and added in Premier Pro, and some rolling credits. A portion of the audio track was copied and pasted at the end. Everything looked great in Premier Pro. I opened Encore, reverted the sequence to original, and transcoded again. No audio on the preview monitor or on the second test DVD I burned. Have exported from Premier Pro AVI sequence file, and it will play the audio in Encore. I have also imported the AVI sequence into Premier Pro and dynamically linked it to a new Encore project. All Encore markers are visible, but still no audio. I can dynamically link smaller sequences with no problem. Please HELP!

Thanks!!

Greg

Greg Gerber May 25th, 2009 03:25 PM

The problem appears to be fixed by adding a short cut.

Do one or both of the following solutions:

Solution 1: Create a shortcut to the Premiere Pro executable file, rename the shortcut to Premiere, and move the shortcut to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\dynamiclink.
Close all Adobe applications.
In Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4. (If you installed Premiere Pro CS4 in a location other than the default of C:\Program Files\Adobe, then navigate to your custom installation location.)
Right-click on Adobe Premiere Pro.exe (which might appear without the .exe extension) and choose Create Shortcut.
Rename the newly created shortcut to just Premiere.

Important: The name of the shortcut must be exactly Premiere with no other characters.

Open a second Windows Explorer window, and navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\dynamiclink.
Move the Premiere shortcut that you created into the dynamiclink folder.
Solution 2: Remove and reinstall all Premiere Pro CS4 components or all Adobe Creative Suite 4 components.
Do one of the following:

Windows XP: Choose Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs.
Windows Vista: Choose Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features.
In the list of installed programs, select Adobe Premiere Pro CS4, Adobe Creative Suite 4 Production Premium, or Adobe Creative Suite 4 Master Collection.
Click Change/Remove (Windows XP) or Uninstall (Windows Vista).
Follow the on-screen instructions to remove all components of Premiere Pro CS4 (including Adobe Encore CS4 and Adobe OnLocation CS4) or to remove all components of your edition of Adobe Creative Suite 4.
Re-install your Adobe software.