Premeire Pro Rendering Pushes CPU's over 92 degrees C. - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old March 14th, 2004, 10:23 PM   #16
Warden

Glen, the thermometer is useful in checking your software for accuracy. In Steve’s case how do you know the 92 degrees was accurate? Maybe it's actually only 50 degrees. I can't tell you the number of times that software temperature measurements in various devices (much more expensive than a PC) were way off in reporting temperatures.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2004, 10:33 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Well, the computer restarted on its own. I went into BIOS and it said 105/93. I didn't check it with the BIOS after I installed my desk fan, but the MSI probe said it went up to 83 while I rendered out my project.

I didn't have auto-shutdown enabled on the BIOS for shutting down when the processors reach a certain temperature, because the highest setting is 75 and mine go over that... the processors shut themselves down that time.

I'm actually getting a new P4 3.2 Ghz system (that purchase was coming anyway). It's my hope that when I take out some of the components from my current system (like the second hard drive, soundcard, etc) that it will bring down the temperature somewhat and improve airflow.... enough for me to use this as a render node for Lightwave 3D. If not, I may have to look into under clocking the processors.

Thanks for all of the tips everyone.
Steve Withers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2004, 11:41 AM   #18
Major Player

Hi Steve,

Had the same problems with my Intel P4 3.2@800 HT - bought an expensive Zalman 7000 all copper - didn't help. Ended up using a watercooling solution from http://www.asetek.dk - now my highest temp reading is 48 after hours of 100% CPU load.

// Lazze

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite