premire cs4 won't save. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old May 5th, 2009, 02:12 PM   #1
Major Player

premire cs4 won't save.

I have a fresh instal of vista 64bit with adobe premire cs4. On certain projects opened from previous cs3, the project will open playbak, edit, but will not save. The save window just hangs w the yellow bar never going across. Anyone seen this problem? Other projects operate fine. Would this mean I must have a corupt file somewhere in the mix?
Old May 7th, 2009, 05:31 AM   #2
Major Player

Definitly Its not the computer or Hardware.

I opened the problem project on another newer "i7" computer, and it opens fine but does the exact same problem; It wont save. So it must not be hardware related. It must be something about the project itself or CS4.
The same project opens in CS3 and saves properly. Ive formally been working on it in CS3.) and it will open in CS4 but will not save. From this information we can conclude that something about this project must have problems. So what can cause a bad project?
Could it be a corrupt media file?
Could it be the mixing of different codecs? ( AVI, M2T, MPEG, MJPEG, XDCAM )
Any body have ideas what i could try?

Specs - Computer 1.
CPU = intel Quad core Q6600
MB = Gigabyte GA-X38-DQ6
RAM = 8GB Corsair
GPU = Nvidia 9800GT
Windows Vista 64bit home

Specs - Computer 2.
CPU = intel i7 920
MB = Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5
RAM = 6GB Corsair
GPU = Nvidia 8800GT
Windows Vista 64bit home
Old May 7th, 2009, 09:50 PM   #3
Major Player

Problem Solved.

I figured it out, after only a week.
It was a missing codec that was causing the problem. I had not installed Blackmagic Intensity codecs for MJPEG video files that were in the project. I forgot i captured a few shots with blackmagic intensity and the new Vista 64 bit instalation had never had the blackmagic card in it or the drivers installed, so the project didnt know what the files were and it crashed. Wow, glad i solved this problem. Cant believe i didn't realize this now.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite