Premier Pro CS3 Export to Motion JPEG? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old May 5th, 2009, 09:57 PM   #1
Major Player

Premier Pro CS3 Export to Motion JPEG?

I just bought one of those annoying photo frames (yeah, I know... an impulse buy!). The (scant) documentation says it can play Motion JPEG AVI files, so I thought I'd try putting some 5D mk II clips on there, just for fun.

Can Premier Pro CS3 output to Motion JPEG? I can't find it anywhere, so I'm begining to think it can not.

Julian
Julian Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2009, 10:57 PM   #2
Trustee

If you install an MJPEG codec , thereafter it should be available as one of your avi export options.

I've used Morgan Multimedia MJPEG Codec (Google it) successfully with CS3. There are quite a few other similar codecs....
Graham Hickling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2009, 11:16 PM   #3
Major Player

Graham,

Thanks for the info. I saw the Morgan Multimedia MJPEG Codec before I asked the question on here. When I try to go to their web site, Firefox tells me it's a reported attack site which tries to "steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system. Some attack sites intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners."

It tells me the following about the web site:

-- Quote --
What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 6 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 4 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2009-05-05, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2009-05-05.

Malicious software includes 5 scripting exploit(s), 4 trojan(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 8 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 4 domain(s), including 8i0c.cn/, nvi3.cn/, employment911.com/.

4 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including employment911.com/, 8i0c.cn/, moone.co.kr/.

--- Un-quote --

While my web browsers are sandboxed, getting a message from Firefox (Mozilla) about this site makes me a bit nervous about going there!

Julian
Julian Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2009, 05:24 AM   #4
Trustee

Sheesh - definitely stay away! Sorry about that....

Here's another possibility (have not tried it myself): Free-Codecs.com :: Download Motion JPEG Codec 3.2.4 : Motion JPEG Codec allows for high-quality, realtime Motion JPEG encoding. Motion JPEG Codec also enables you to view Motion JPEG files created on another computer

And another one is PicVideo M-JPEG codec (which I have used a few years ago).
Graham Hickling is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite