Premiere archive project__ at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old June 18th, 2009, 02:15 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Premiere archive project__

Hi,
I have maybe a stupid question.
I just finished my first wedding mostly done in Premiere CS4.
I burned the DVDs and have a original DV tapes.

Now I want to free up my computer and to delete all raw datas and files from my computer.

My question is is there any way in Premiere to have say something like a summary
of the audio,video,plugins used for that project so in case I need the information
of used,for example a song , I can found out??

Or how you do it?I dont believe that you keep 2 DV tapes in the computer forever.

Thank you
Richard Bacevac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2009, 07:41 PM   #2
Major Player

I would personally, burn all your assets on a DVD (except the DV tapes)...
Your PPROJ file contains all the IN/OUT points, the logged captures, and pointers to the assets. You should be able to (in the future) copy back all the archived DVD assets back to your hard drive. After opening up the old project file, simply start repointing to all the assets again.

Premiere won't be able to find the raw .AVI's, so it will ask you to Batch capture. This is where you keep your tapes neatly labelled, and ready for transferring...

Good luck!!!
Peter Manojlovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2009, 12:28 AM   #3
Major Player

First thing I would do is use the Project Manager (under the Project menu) to consolidate all project files and assets into one folder, which makes life easier both for you and for Premiere. This also gives you the option to exclude unused clips and trim used clips.

Now you can backup assets and keep only the folder with the .prproj file in it.

Personally, I would never erase assets immediately after I finish a project. If you, for any reason, need to go back to this project in the near future, recapturing from tape and DVD is an unneeded hassle IMO, when you consider how cheap hard drives are today.
You can get an external drive dedicated for project archives, and keep the full projects on it for a while, erasing old projects when the drive fills up or enough time has passed you know you won't go back to them any longer.

AFAIK, there's no way to generate a text report of all assets and plugins used in a Premiere project, which is a shame. There is an option, again under the Project menu, called Export Batch List, that will generate a .csv file listing all assets in the project (make sure nothing is selected in the Project Panel, otherwise the list will contain only the selected assets and not all of them...)
Jon Shohet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2009, 10:08 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Thank you guys,
great help,I tried "new trimmed..." which gave me around 7GB,
with "Make offline" box checked around 20MB.

In case in the future I will need to redo something and would like to
Import orogonal DV tapes which version shjould be easier and how
to synchronize it.This I couldnt found in the help section.

Thank you
Richard Bacevac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2009, 11:35 AM   #5
Major Player

Richard. I think the easiest way to save space is to just delete your Preview files. These files are automatically created when you render. So if you delete them, and need to go back into the project, they will be re-created automatically and you just have to wait for the render to finish.

Someone correct me if im wrong.

JS
John Stakes is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite