Adobe Premiere Update problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old July 3rd, 2009, 04:24 AM   #1
Major Player

Adobe Premiere Update problem

Does anybody have the same problem I have? I just updated my CS4 suite and Premiere now doesn't recognise old footage. It opens the projects but says the "footage is too big" so all clips are blank. Also if I try to pen a new Sequence I get fewer options than before... No XDCAM for example.. and no HDV. Also M2T files are not recognized (if changed to MPEG it tries to open but gives the "too big" message).
Marcello Mazzilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2009, 12:17 PM   #2
Trustee

Many have experienced problems in the sense that after updating, their full version reverts to trial status. Often this is caused by either a faulty installation previously or having used at one time the trial version. The best solution, cumbersome and time consuming, is to uninstall, run the CleanScript 2 or 3 times and reinstall and then apply the updates again.

Look here: Using the Adobe Creative Suite 4 Clean Script
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2009, 02:23 PM   #3
Major Player

Most Adobe techs will tell you to upgrade to CS4 when you're in between projects. I am upgrading in 2 weeks, but I'm barely into my latest project. I'll just start from scratch if things don't work out.
Brian Barkley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2009, 03:56 PM   #4
Trustee

Brian,

The question was about upDATING 4.01 to 4.1.0, not about upgrading from CS3 to CS4. But you are right, finish your project in the version you started with, then upGRADE for new projects.
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2009, 01:55 AM   #5
Major Player

The problem is not for a project allready started. I could start again no problem but even if I open an empty project I still have this "limited" Premiere version. I recognise it immediatly because of the lack of option in selecting the format standards, and then I have problems allmost doing anything
Marcello Mazzilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2009, 05:27 AM   #6
Major Player

THanks.. it all worked fine.. I had the CS trial underneath
Marcello Mazzilli is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite