? on Working with Motion and Transitions at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old July 18th, 2009, 11:17 AM   #1
Regular Crew

? on Working with Motion and Transitions

I am doing a simple slideshow in Premiere and have a problem. I have the photos do slight movements and a cross dissolve transition between each of them. Say each one is 5 seconds long. Before photo #2 (and the movement assigned to it) has reached the timeline (4.85 seconds) it is starting to dissolve in from the transition. As soon as the transition starts and you can see the next photo appearing is where I want its own movement to start.

Right now I have a 45 frame transition and it looks bad because they movement seems to start after a delay. Thus, the photo is static during the transition and as soon as it reaches the actual photo does it start moving. Any suggestions?
Kent Metschan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2009, 05:37 PM   #2
Regular Crew

On the time line... click on the the transition box, its between the two pictures and is purple... now look up at the area that has the source monitor... there is a tab at the top
that says.. effect controls... click it, you work the transition from there... you can click on the purple transition box there and slide it left or right to set the transition to where you want...
Ray Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2009, 05:48 PM   #3
Regular Crew

That helps, I think what I want here is instead of center at cut have it "start". Looks great now. Thanks.
Kent Metschan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2009, 06:38 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Try un-ticking 'Pin to Clip'

Also, if you un-ticking 'Pin to Clip' you can make your keyframes go into the next slide so that when the transition is complete, effectively the animation is still occurring.

Follow this link to the Adobe Premiere Pro Help file to explain it better.

Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 * About the Effect Controls panel

It is a very easy and effective way to control the in and out points of transitions.
Old July 20th, 2009, 09:13 AM   #5
Trustee

You may find this tutorial useful --- in fact, there are lots of useful Adobe-related tuts here -- http://www.layersmagazine.com/creati...miere-pro.html / Battle Vaughan/miamiherald.com video team

Last edited by Battle Vaughan; July 20th, 2009 at 04:16 PM.
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite