DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Can I edit the same project in both Elements and Pro? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/239836-can-i-edit-same-project-both-elements-pro.html)

Paul Cascio July 27th, 2009 12:01 PM

Can I edit the same project in both Elements and Pro?

I'm a Vegas use, but I'm think about switching to Premiere because I want to buy an MXo2 Mini. My concern is that the learning curve in Premiere will be too steep. I was wondering if I can use Elements and Pro to edit the same project file?

Also, does anyone know if the MXO2 Mini works with Elements?

Thanks

Battle Vaughan July 27th, 2009 01:15 PM

I believe you can convert an Elements project into a Pro project in CS4, there is a discussion and workaround here: open Premiere Elements project into CS4? : Adobe Premiere Pro. / Battle Vaughan/miamiherald.com video team

Harm Millaard July 27th, 2009 01:19 PM

You can't use PE projects in PR and the other way around.

Chances are MXO2 - at least based on everything Matrox has done in the past years - will cause a lot of headaches if you have a system that does not conform 200% to what they designate as compatible. That may mean you have to throw away your new, fast system and get a 3 year old mediocre PC just to be sure it may work up to some degree.

Matrox stuff should be used what they were designed for by their engineers, as doorstoppers.

Harm Millaard July 27th, 2009 01:20 PM

You can't use PE projects in PR and the other way around.

Chances are MXO2 - at least based on everything Matrox has done in the past years - will cause a lot of headaches if you have a system that does not conform 200% to what they designate as compatible. That may mean you have to throw away your new, fast system and get a 3 year old mediocre PC just to be sure it may work up to some degree.

Matrox stuff should be used what they were designed for by their engineers, as doorstoppers.

Battle Vaughan July 27th, 2009 01:54 PM

From the Premiere CS4 help file:

"Capturing, digitizing, and importing / Importing sequences, clip lists, libraries, and compositions
Import a Premiere Elements project

1. Select File > Open Project.
2. Browse to an Adobe Premiere Elements project file, with file extension PREL.
3. Click Open.

Adobe Premiere Pro converts the Premiere Elements project file to an Adobe Premiere Pro project file. "

The previously cited reference is a workaround in case you have a problem, basically to change the file extension
to that of a PRPro project.
/ bvaughan

Charles W. Hull July 27th, 2009 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Battle Vaughan (Post 1177361)
From the Premiere CS4 help file:

"Capturing, digitizing, and importing / Importing sequences, clip lists, libraries, and compositions
Import a Premiere Elements project

1. Select File > Open Project.
2. Browse to an Adobe Premiere Elements project file, with file extension PREL.
3. Click Open.

Adobe Premiere Pro converts the Premiere Elements project file to an Adobe Premiere Pro project file. "

Now that is cool. I run Elements on my tablet computer in the field, but I always reconstruct each project into Pro when I get home. Now I'm wondering how difficult it will be to move an Elements project from one computer to another (re-link the clips if they're in different drives, etc.)