Render/PEK problems at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old August 5th, 2009, 06:56 PM   #1
New Boot

Render/PEK problems

We've been working on a HD project for just a couple days (3-min music video). Monday it was working fine, yesterday (Tuesday) it began crashing and not saving any renders. Today is the same, even after saving it as a different project.

When you open the project, it says 'generating peak files' and runs through all the video files (although my understanding is that peak is related to sound). Also, the render line is either red or yellow (we are using cineform neo scene) and when you render, save, and close and re-open, render isn't saving. I have the feeling these problems are related . . .somehow premeire isn't saving the peak files or the render files. . .

Please help! I've tried searching this forum and others and I've seen vaguely similar problems but no clear solutions. Thank you!!
Jennifer Eidum Zinchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2009, 07:45 PM   #2
Regular Crew

It sounds like your Cineform footage settings are not being matched by your timeline presets.

For example... say your Cineform footage settings are 1440x1080 24P , but your Premier
pre sets are set for 1990x1080 30P or something else???

If you don't have the footage and the timeline settings matching then the timeline will turn
red on you as the program is just telling you that a render is required. But its best to
set the footage and the timeline the same.... also of note... check your audio settings
too.. in either case, if you have a red timeline, let the program conform and then hit
the return key on the keyboard...

as to the saving issue... I'd check the prefs in Premier for the scratch disk pointer...

you have to have plenty of hard disk space for the scratch disk....
Ray Bell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite