Serious Magic DVRack - Page 25 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old June 10th, 2007, 12:22 PM   #361
Inner Circle

DVRack 2HD has three different monitors available, 4x3, 16x9 and 720p. You'll want the 4x3 monitor, and make sure the "letterbox" button isn't depressed.

Then, hit F8 to switch the aspect ratio to 1.333 (4x3). This is also available in the monitor menu, but F8 is real handy. (Ctrl-F8 takes you to 16x9, 1.777)

AVI Type 1 is almost certainly the file format you want for SD DV on a PC. It has audio/video interleave, so, for audio stays in sync better, especially over long takes. If your NLE accomodates it, that's what you want. If you're looking at NLE docs, T1 = directshow.

T2 is useable in any editor, DirectShow or VFW, and some older editors will only accept T2.
Seth Bloombaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2007, 04:18 PM   #362
Major Player

Hello,

OK thanks for the info..

Mike M.
Old July 18th, 2007, 12:01 PM   #363
Regular Crew

Trial still available?

Is there a trial version of this up anywhere? I can't find anything on Adobe's site. I just need to monitor HDV on a laptop for a few days, or is there another option? Anything to monitor on a laptop (with an xh-a1), something free or a demo version is all I need.

thanks
Cory Sheldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2007, 03:38 PM   #364
Inner Circle

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/i...uct=onlocation
Old July 21st, 2007, 06:37 PM   #365
Major Player

Need HELP with DV rack installation!!

Just purchased DVRack HD2 and installed it on my laptop (or thought I did). Installation program said that it had done so. But when I try to launch the program I get only error messages. Error message 1: SOFTWRAP ERROR 3 Error message 2. INCONSISTANT FILES . This second one also appears to be a softwrap error - whatever that is.

Can any one help me get thhis installed
Old July 21st, 2007, 11:46 PM   #366
Major Player

I am having the same problem. Will not accept the activation number. Where did you get the 'patch'?
Old July 22nd, 2007, 08:32 AM   #367
Regular Crew

you can get the patch(es) here....

http://www.adobe.com/support/dvrack/
Ray Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2007, 04:31 PM   #368
Major Player

Upgrades for DVRack HD2

I have DVRack HD2 on a system at work. About 2 months after getting it Adobe bought Serious Magic. I just booted up DVRack today and tried to do an autoupdate. It did not work as it could not find the website. Are there any updates? How do I get them to work if there are any? We also bought PPRO CS3 recently which comes with Onlocation. Would it be better to uninstall DVRack HD2 and install Onlocation or just leave it the way it is? Any help would be appreciated.
David Stoneburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2007, 06:38 PM   #369
Inner Circle

I was able to connect to the updates web site a few minutes ago, so, you might try again.

I am running DVRack 2.0 HD, v 2.1.1570.0, which appears to be the latest. I suspect it will be the last version that us Serious Magic customers will be able to get.

As it stood a few months ago, Adobe had decided not to offer an upgrade or crossgrade path to SM customers. I have had success with getting support out of Adobe for my SM products.

If I were in your shoes I'd load up OnLocation, and consider selling DVRack. But that's just my opinion. Adobe is supporting registration transfers of SM products through Adobe customer support. (You'll want to register all SM products with Adobe).
Old August 30th, 2007, 06:56 AM   #370
Major Player

Thanks I'll try again. My only problem is that the DVRack was purchased by my department in a university, so I can't sell it. I guess I'll just use it and keep the Onlocation as well. I'm guessing I can't put both on the same machine. Maybe I'll drop the DVRack and see if I can sell it.

Thanks
David Stoneburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2008, 03:12 PM   #371
Inner Circle

Sincere apologies for the double post and for resurrecting this old thread but I am guessing a reply post to this thread will have more chance of being seen!

I lost my Sure Shot cards recently and I'm looking for a replacement or scanned images of the cards that I can print and laminate. I can provide various types of proof of purchase including serial number, a photo of me holding the original box and even video clips of the location shoot when I last used the cards before leaving them on the roof of my car!!

Adobe is unwilling to talk to me as I don't own a licence for CS3. My version of DV-Rack is the original one and it has served me well (but I still mourn the day Adobe got their hands on Serious Magic).

Any help much appreciated and again, sorry for the double post.

Thanks,

Ian . . .
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2008, 03:53 PM   #372
Inner Circle

Resolved! Interested parties please see http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=123208
Ian Stark is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite