HD monitoring via HDMI at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old August 27th, 2009, 11:44 AM   #1
HD monitoring via HDMI

I was intending to buy the Intensity Pro card for monitoring an HD timeline from CS3.
The files would have been AVCHD material converted by Neo Scene. I have no intention of actually capturing material via the Intensity card - only monitoring via HDMI out into an HD tv.
I understand that natively captured via Firewire HDV files will play out OK, but how about the Cineform files?
Another question: How does Premiere recognise the new Intensity hardware? Is it automatically showing up in the CS3 menu? - or is there some software that comes with the card?
Robin Davies-Rollinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2009, 04:36 PM   #2
Major Player
I believe at this point the Intensity will not output Cineform files in realtime, but that is a feature that has been promised in the future and many are looking forward to.
For more information on these topics, check out my tech website at www.hd4pc.com
Mike McCarthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2009, 09:16 PM   #3
Regular Crew
The only formats that the intensity will output in HD are the MJPEG and Uncompressed.

For cineform files you may need something more substantial. I thought that the Cineform folks were big fans of the AJA Xena cards. I can't recall if it decodes cineform in real time though.
Devin Termini is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

Omega Broadcast
(512) 251-7778
Austin, TX

(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

(800) 238-8480
Glendale, CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite