Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2005 - Page 101 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old September 6th, 2005, 06:21 AM   #1501
RED Code Chef

Hi Leonard. That sounds like a bug to me, however, I'm not using Premiere (Pro),
so it could be some setting somewhere as well.

Good luck!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old September 6th, 2005, 12:13 PM   #1502
New Boot

2 Channel Audio

I have searched but couldn't find exactly my problem. I am using an XL1s with a shotgun mic and a wireless mic recording to 2 seperate channels (12-bit S1 S2). When I capture the video in Premiere Pro 1.5 it comes in as one channel with left and right tracks. What I need to learn how to do if possible, is capture the 2 channels on two seperate tracks like I did when i was using a Sony camera and avid dv express.

The other issue i am having is editing the audio tracks. In the past on other software i would just add keyframes and i could change the audio levels in between the keyframes to do different audio fades and such. I have not figured out how to do this on premiere. As i said, i am used to using Avid.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old September 6th, 2005, 03:57 PM   #1503
Tourist

Thanks Rob.
I've googled and found the download. Haven't tried it yet, but from reading the text, it appears a bit more involved than point-&-click! I'll definitely let you know how it goes. In the meantime, if you know of any other potential solutions, please reply.
Old September 6th, 2005, 04:42 PM   #1504
New Boot

Crashing and strange behavior with PPro

Hi,

I have been using PPro on my labtop (Pentium 4, 1.9 GHz, 1GB ram, XP home edition, service pack 1) and it has been working fine for me. Now I baught a new computer, which I was hoping would make things faster (Pentium Dual core 820, 2.8GHz, 2 GB ram, XP Prof with service pack 2, Radeon AX550GETP Dual VGA 256 MB, Asus P5LD2-VM Intel 945G motherboard), but when I started using PPro on my new computer, I started observing strange behavior:

1. If I apply CineLook on a clip on sequence A, and then embedd sequence A in sequence B, then try to export sequence B, once PPro trys to render sequence A, it crashes. If I render sequence A directly, it works.

2. After a while of using PPro, I start observing weird behavior with Still images (JPEG). They wouldn't be displayed on the monitor, I just see black, or they would appear upside down. Once I shutdown PPro and start up again, it's fine.

3. After a while of using PPro, when I try to export a movie, I notice that not all tracks are rendered, only Video track 1. If I shut down PPro and start it up again, it works.

I can get around these querky behavior, but it's very inconvenient. Is there any known issues with my hardware setup and PPro 1.0? Would upgrading to PPro 1.5.1 help? Is there any strange hardware configuration issues I need to be aware of?

Thanks for your help
amir
Old September 6th, 2005, 05:36 PM   #1505
New Boot

In answer to your second question, select the Audio portion of your clip, then look at the Effects Control window (I think that is the name but I don't have the app in front of me right now). You can twirl down the Volume control parameter and keyframe it. You can also add any audio effects and adjust their parameters in that window as well.
Old September 6th, 2005, 06:14 PM   #1506
Tourist

Problems with Effects on 24PA Widescreen in Premier Pro 1.5

I'm hoping it's not a bug because I never get much response from Adobe, hence i'm trying here. Anyone else have any clue what I could be missing?
Old September 6th, 2005, 08:08 PM   #1507
Trustee

i think that the mics you are referring to are mono, not stereo... so what it sounds like is that you really only have two channels of audio to begin with, not four... you should be able to record the standard 16-bit stereo, with one mic on the left stereo input, and the other mic on the right stereo input.

you could then add an extra stereo pair in the editor, duplicate channels for left and right, etc.
Old September 6th, 2005, 08:49 PM   #1508
Trustee

The increased system demands you heard about for the Premiere Pro 1.5.1 patch most probably relate to the HDV features that were added, which would only be applicable for those who edit HDV. In that case I think you should be fine updating. (Just in case something did go wrong you could add a System Restore checkpoint before updating.)

I did come across one other person on the Adobe User to User forums who reported the same type of problem you are having (see http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/w...I.22@.3bb9ab9a). He didn't say if he had applied the 1.5.1 patch. Unfortunately, no one answered his post.
Old September 7th, 2005, 01:05 PM   #1509
Trustee

For anybody who wants to know, I figured it out. You use the matte tool in the titles menu. You can shape the matte to whatever crop shape you want.
Old September 7th, 2005, 02:27 PM   #1510
Tourist

Same problem here

I know this might not be all to much help for you but I've been experiencing the same exact quircky behaviors with PPro myself. At first it was only a mere nusciance, but after a while the problems seemed to increase and occur more often. Even after I bought a setup similiar to yours I still came across the same issues. The only thing that stopped all the problems was when I reinstalled PPro, but even then it started up after a few weeks. I'm not sure if this is a common occurence or what, but I sure hope Adobe has a fix for the problem. Good luck.
Old September 7th, 2005, 02:31 PM   #1511
New Boot

Upgraded

I just upgraded yesterday to PPro 1.5 and I removed Cinelook plugin, it seemed to resolve the issues. But time will tell. It might start happening again!
Old September 8th, 2005, 02:04 PM   #1512
New Boot

still not working

Hi again

This problem is still with Premiere Elements it wont load the file

Please help...

Thanks
Ronnie
Old September 8th, 2005, 05:50 PM   #1513
New Boot

Stills from DV

Like i mentioned earlier, I shoot High School and College sports. Unfortunately i can't just break out the digital camera and take pictures of the action. Is there a way I can take a single frame of my video in PP 1.5 and save it as a jpeg picture file that i can edit in Photoshop or Msft PictureIt?
Old September 8th, 2005, 07:20 PM   #1514
Regular Crew

1. Select the frame you want to export in the timeline so it shows in the monitor.

2. Chose File->Export->Frame from the menu

3. Save as a TIFF file.

Edit and convert to jpeg as needed.

Hope this helps!
Old September 9th, 2005, 04:37 AM   #1515
New Boot

Hi there!! i've recently found screen capture tool that is an easy and fastest way to take video screen captures from Windows screen.Its quite nice tool, i have checked!!! http://www.geovid.com/Screen_VidShot/
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite