Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2005 - Page 104 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old September 15th, 2005, 09:19 PM   #1546
Trustee

I believe people use After Effects for that. I don't know of any such plugins.
Old September 15th, 2005, 09:42 PM   #1547
Regular Crew

Rick....

currently, the only way that i know of to do that is to export the file as an avi and then compress it with another program, like sorenson squeeze.

just a note on sorenson squeeze 4, it imbeds incorrect metadata on the video length, so if you're are going to use some form of a scroll bar, it won't work properly - they won't correct this bug until atleast version 5.0, however this isn't an issue with version 2.0

~Mike
Old September 15th, 2005, 10:45 PM   #1548
Regular Crew

Yep. I figured you would have figured it out or changed 3 years later.
Old September 15th, 2005, 11:29 PM   #1549
Major Player

vignetting in premiere pro 1.5 hep

i'v done it before i just cant rember how...
how do i make a round vignette around the scene
Thanx
Saturnin

i figured it out thanx
go into
video effects
render
circle
Old September 16th, 2005, 08:49 AM   #1550
Tourist

similar, though just the opposite:
when i play through the "clip" (not timeline) mode, i hear the audio, but when using the timeline mode, no audio. in fact, no audio waves or any sound.
if you figure this one out, please post.
Old September 16th, 2005, 10:15 AM   #1551
New Boot

Greg, I experienced similar symptoms yesterday, with audio being audible only when I moved the CTI with the mouse, not when I played. I realised I had my XL2 hooked up via 1394 for doing tape capture earlier. Once I yanked out the 1394 cable, the audio would play as usual.

My situation/circumstances may be different from yours, so your mileage may vary!

Good Luck! Let us know how it goes.

ajai
Old September 16th, 2005, 01:08 PM   #1552
Major Player

Find setting to always play audio on local hardware

I can't remember where this setting is, but I found it, and eliminated the same problem your having.
Old September 18th, 2005, 12:54 PM   #1553
Major Player

Anybody? I still need to find a good stabilizer plugin for PPro. Any suggestion is more than welcomed.

Thanks.
Old September 18th, 2005, 04:30 PM   #1554
Trustee

Premiere Pro 1.5 Shutdown Question

This may seem silly but here goes:

I notice that when I shut down PPro 1.5 after an editing session, everything stays exactly as I had left it when I open the program again at a later time. Wherever I left the timeline curser at shutdown is exactly where I find it when I re-open the program. The last sequence I worked on is the first sequence to show. I think that is fabulous. However, one thing I've noticed is that if I had left a trimmed clip in the source monitor (left monitor) at shutdown, it isn't there when I re-open the program. Is that normal? The reason I ask is that I never noticed if that happened before but I noticed it recently after freshly re-installing PPro 1.5 on my hard drive.

May I ask my fellow PPro 1.5 users a favor? Can a few of you chaps open the program, place any clip in the source view monitor (the left or trimmer monitor if you will), save, shut down the program then re-open to see of the clip is still there? I want to see if I re-installed incorrectly or if I have a problem. My reasoning is that if the clip wrongfully disappears in the source monitor at shutdown, what else important might disappear?

Thanks!
Old September 18th, 2005, 05:39 PM   #1555
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh DiMauro
May I ask my fellow PPro 1.5 users a favor? Can a few of you chaps open the program, place any clip in the source view monitor (the left or trimmer monitor if you will), save, shut down the program then re-open to see of the clip is still there? I want to see if I re-installed incorrectly or if I have a problem. My reasoning is that if the clip wrongfully disappears in the source monitor at shutdown, what else important might disappear?

Thanks!
Hugh,

I did as you requested and mine did the same thing. The clip where the timelime marker is resting comes up in the monitor window. Sounds right to me!

Mike
Old September 18th, 2005, 06:33 PM   #1556
Trustee

Thanks a million, Mike!

Anybody else have the same thing happen?
Old September 18th, 2005, 09:17 PM   #1557
Regular Crew

Real-time preview render with Magic Bullet?

Hi all,

I'm a little stumped on preview render speeds in Premiere Pro 1.5. I'm new to Premiere.

When I use Vegas and apply a Magic Bullet film effect to a video clip, I can resize the preview window to a small size, say 25%, and set the preview quality to draft mode. The resulting preview render occurs in real-time. It's pixelated heavily, but that's ok -- it means I can apply a number of video effects and still play them back in real time to get an idea of what they look like.

However, in Premiere Pro 1.5 I'm having trouble getting the same performance. When I apply a Magic Bullet film effect to a video clip, set the preview monitor to 25% size, and force the preview quality to draft or leave it on auto, it still plays back quite slow and choppy. Eventually it catches up and renders to memory most of the frames and plays back smoother, but in Vegas it plays back smooth and real-time right from the start.

I have noticed that the preview window in Premiere, even when at 25% and draft quality, still is not pixelated like my small draft window in Vegas. As if Premiere just isn't going low-resolution enough to render in real time.

Anyone have any tips?

Thanks!
Adam Woodworth
Old September 18th, 2005, 11:38 PM   #1558
Regular Crew

Using Premiere audio in Audition

Hi all..
Aahh, my mouth still waters at the amount of useful info contained in these forums.
I wonder if anyone can help me with the following;
I capture audio (using my PD170 and stock mic) to Premiere (most recent version, or next to) and can interact with the audio fine.

However, when I import the file in Audition, it plays it as some clicking shrieking, white distorted noise..

Now I know that I have done this once. But now cannot seem to find what might have changed. I simply cannot play music in Audition, that I have captured from Premiere.
Why is this so!?
Please help!

Many thanks.
Old September 19th, 2005, 06:12 AM   #1559
Major Player

PPro always close all clips in the Soure Window when you close a project. So there is nothing wrong with your computer or PPro.

/Roger
Old September 19th, 2005, 06:21 AM   #1560
Trustee

Thank you both for taking the time to assist me!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite