Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2005 - Page 105 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old September 19th, 2005, 01:37 PM   #1561
Trustee

Have you tried rendering and replace so as to edit the resulting WAV file?
Old September 20th, 2005, 02:33 AM   #1562
Wrangler

Glad you managed to figure it out!

Thanks for posting how to do it.

Cheers,

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old September 20th, 2005, 02:37 AM   #1563
Regular Crew

ahh.. sounds logical.
never even considered a step like that since I 'beginners luck-ed' it first time round..
will try that tonight.
Thanks. Steve.
Old September 20th, 2005, 08:48 AM   #1564
Trustee

There is a 16 X 9 template in the title designer. Works great!
Old September 20th, 2005, 09:04 AM   #1565
Regular Crew

i think that template is a little wider that 1.85:1(16:9) but not quite 2.35:1
Old September 20th, 2005, 09:29 AM   #1566
Major Player

oh yah..no problem :d also there are settings in that optionn for soem blur i think if there arent any ..u ca alwasy throw some blur on top and it looks like magic. :D
cheers
Old September 21st, 2005, 02:04 AM   #1567
Regular Crew

Thank you Steven.
Rendering worked.

Still confused as to how I managed it previously though.

Anthony
Old September 21st, 2005, 05:36 AM   #1568
Trustee

VSTs, and VST folder, settings?

(1) Is there a way, within Premiere, to specify which folder(s) the program looks in for VSTs? Premiere seems to decide this for itself upon install, whereas I'd like to direct it to a different folder.

(2) Similarly, is there a way to de-activate VSTs and VSTis that are never going to be used?

Audio DAWs routinely provide these features, so I'm wondering if I'm simply looking in the wrong menus in premiere?
Old September 21st, 2005, 05:38 PM   #1569
Regular Crew

Exporting video problems

Hi.

I recently purchased a sony Fx1, and the video I've shot with it always looks awful when it leaves premiere (I've been using Dv, not HDV). I've tried export to dvd, which looked terrible. The final product looked like the rough scratch I'd previewed the video with. Then, I tried exporting to m2v files, which looked significantly better (still not as good as I imagine they should) but exported with a thick frame around the video, making the video smaller than I wanted it to be.

What is the best format to export footage to? Also, how do I fix my problem with the frame?
Old September 21st, 2005, 08:05 PM   #1570
Major Player

Using digital recorder via Optical connection with Adobe Audition

Hi-

I have a Boss BR-532 portible digital recorder. I plan on using it to record naration, etc. I would like to connect to my PC via Optical line from the digital recorder to the Optical connector on my PC board (Intel D955XBK). I plan on using Adobe Audition to capture the digital audio. I have the optical connector.

I have no idea how to connect and interface this device with Adobe Audition. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Tim
Old September 22nd, 2005, 09:52 AM   #1571
New Boot

Encoding with H.264

Does anyone have some experience with exporting H.264 encoded QT files from Adobe Media Encoder? I'm having a particular problem with trying to squeeze my files down to a decent size.

I've changed the settings to encode at 300 mbps, 640 x 480, 29.97 fps. It's also set to encode with 24 bit color depth. Other than that every thing seems quite typical, except when it's done exporting I get a rather large 100MB file for something that's about 4 minutes an 15 seconds.

On FCP (Mac), I've done the same settings with the same video file and I get a 11MB file. Certainly, I'm doing something wrong. What is it?

Second question, does anyone have a favorite audio encoder for their H.264 files? I've been using Q-design in my tests and I'm not pleased with it.
Old September 22nd, 2005, 03:03 PM   #1572
Regular Crew

I too see the Auto Color flicker in some rendered scenes on Premiere Pro 1.5. The scenes are evenly & constantly lit with a softbox. Is there a fix or workaround available?

Alternatively, which is the best method/tool in Ppro to reduce color saturation by a small measured amount?

Thanks!

Ken W.
Old September 22nd, 2005, 04:54 PM   #1573
Trustee

the export to dvd and the export to m2v should both be mpeg2, but there are probably encoding differences in bitrate, 1-pass vs. 2-pass, frame size, etc... get a handle on exactly what you are encoding the mpeg at, and you'll be able to improve your product drastically.
Old September 23rd, 2005, 01:38 PM   #1574
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Montgomery
I've changed the settings to encode at 300 mbps
For some reason the bitrate slider in Adobe Media Encoder is totally inaccurate when encoding to QuickTime files. If I remember correctly I believe it has to be set to around 25 Kb/s to get an approximately 350 Kb/s file.
Old September 23rd, 2005, 10:53 PM   #1575
Inner Circle

adobe black screen capture

I have found that while I am capturing if I click on the timeline between captures to do something, as apposed to clicking on edit, the capture screen goes black.
I can still capture by viewing the lcd on the camera but I have nothing on the capture monitor. I have logged out and come back on and still no go. I have turned the camera off and back on no go.

If there is an easy solution I would love to know!! You would think I would remember to not go to the time line, but that doesn't really solve the problem.

Gus
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite