Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2005 - Page 117 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old October 27th, 2005, 10:16 PM   #1741
Regular Crew

So i wonder why H264 always comes out brighter/washed out. Is it because the default image controls for QT7 (ie. brightness controls / color control etc) when replaying H264 are set abnormal? Or is it because the encoder is outputting the footage abnormally bright?
Old October 28th, 2005, 07:17 AM   #1742
Tourist

Adobe Premiere .TMP files deletable?

I am done with all my premiere projects on my computer. I am trying to free up some space. There is a temp folder in my adobe premiere section which is 25 g is size. Inside are a bunch of .TMP files. Are these files related to my previous projects and is it safe to delete all of them?
Old October 28th, 2005, 08:08 AM   #1743
New Boot

voice over?

Search in the help for voiceover (one word) or Capture analogue audio. You use the audio mixer to set an audio track for recording (unless you are using a Matrox RT.X10/RT.X100 card - then it's not supported...).

/Max
Old October 28th, 2005, 12:38 PM   #1744
New Boot

dvds are easier to make then putting it on a cd. Just export it at full res then open nervision express or something like that throw the video file on there and make like 50 copies. Dvds are getting cheaper and cheaper nowadays.
Old October 28th, 2005, 12:40 PM   #1745
New Boot

i believe it only does it once when you first put the file into the project.
Old October 28th, 2005, 01:31 PM   #1746
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel
that really bites that you can't turn it off.. its even worse for me because im wasting all this time "conforming" when my true audio is imported from a HIMD... Instead i'm sittin here with hours worth of conforming to do, as i have 20 hours worth of tape... Ridiculous...
Spike,
I reccomend submitting a feature request on Adobe's site to disable audio conforming.
Old October 28th, 2005, 01:32 PM   #1747
Regular Crew

If you are no longer working on the project, I would go ahead and delete them, but make sure that these have been generated by PPRO itself and not some other program!
Old October 28th, 2005, 02:16 PM   #1748
New Boot

24p Timeline using Canopus DVStorm and Premiere

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a driver or software update that allows me to do a 24p timeline using Canopus DVStorm. I'm having to convert all of my native 23.976 files to 29.97 before I can output them for broadcast. I want to be able to edit in 24p and be able to see it on my TV monitor. Am I just smoking a doobie?
Old October 28th, 2005, 06:02 PM   #1749
New Boot

Viewing PAL with premier Pro

Hey all,

I was sent a minidv tape that is from Italy (PAL) and I want to view it with my Canon GL-2 (NTSC). Is there a way that I can premier help with the viewing because the canon alone can not play the tape because of the difference. I need help please
Old October 28th, 2005, 07:03 PM   #1750
Wrangler

Spike, I've not captured or imported anything near 20 hours of footage at one go. But hour-long miniDV tapes only take at most a couple minutes to conform on my system (3GHz P4, 2GB DDR, dedicated scratch drives). Do you have a large, dedicated physical-drive scratch disk set up for all your temp and conformed files? If not, PPro may be using your C drive as a default scratch disk, which will hurt you big time.

If you have a fast system, set up with a dedicated physical drive for scratch disks, and it takes more than perhaps 5-10 minutes to conform an hour of miniDV...something is wrong.

If your sound is in separate files already, perhaps you could try re-saving your files in your audio application to 32 bit, 48k so they won't require conforming, and then capture / import video and audio separately? Not sure if that'll do it for you, but worth a try.

Beyond that, Aanarav's suggestion to submit a feature request -- and either put up with it for now or use another NLE that only uses 16bit audio -- is all I can think of.
Old October 29th, 2005, 06:48 AM   #1751
Wrangler

Hi Richie,

The only thing that you could do is to get the tape converted by a 'production' house to NTSC. There will be no way that you will be able to capture the footage (unless you have PAL camcorder/ deck), plus you would need a PAL TV if you wanted to see the pictures on a TV screen while editing. Sorry but there is no easy way to use Premiere or any other editing software to do it with out capturing first in PAL and then converting it to NTSC (which Premiere can do, but I personally would get it done by a professional 'production' house).

Cheers,

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old October 29th, 2005, 06:55 AM   #1752
Wrangler

Hi Dan thats a bit strange.

I take it that when you play it back on the timeline ith DV playback on its OK? or when you playback on your desktop?

Have you made sure that any rendering that needs to be done is done? (Push RETURN just to be sure).

Does it do the same when exporting the movie to an DV AVI file?

How about trying to export the movie as a DV AVI file, create a new project, and import the DV AVI file and then try exporting back to tape?

Just a few things to try...

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old October 29th, 2005, 07:27 AM   #1753
Regular Crew

I think I may have found the solution - I disabled McAfee VirusScan and was able to export a 30-minute sequence with no problems. I hope that fixes the problem permanently. Likely something with the latest update of McAfee.
Old October 29th, 2005, 09:29 AM   #1754
New Boot

Thank you ed. That is what I figured. I was just hoping for the video gods to make me lucky this one time. Thanks again

Richie Cruz

Bronx, NY
Old October 29th, 2005, 05:16 PM   #1755
Trustee

That would explain it. It is not a good idea to be running any other processes on a computer when editing video. If possible, one should have the computer set up with only the programs needed for video editing (and no Web surfing!).
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite