Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2005 - Page 125 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old November 13th, 2005, 06:19 PM   #1861
Regular Crew

Audio Tracks Disappear

I am getting ready to export a film from premiere and must have unwittingly hit a button where my audio tracks have completely disappeared. Anyone know the fix?

Rick
Old November 13th, 2005, 08:47 PM   #1862
Regular Crew

Hi Mark
Tried out the demo a week or two ago and feel the same as you. 6.5 + hardware provides a very stable solution. I think I'll probably wait until the market settles down over HD before upgrading.
Old November 13th, 2005, 08:53 PM   #1863
Regular Crew

Hi Jigs
Don't use Adobe media encoder myself - I tend to render everying out as a DV AVI file and then use Discreet's Media Cleaner XL to produce the web video (on another PC top improve workflow!) Might be worth looking at a demo...
I guess the audio problem you had when importing the VOB file could be to do with because the soundtrack was 5.1?
Old November 13th, 2005, 09:38 PM   #1864
Regular Crew

I've played with the Pro demo, and I just can't get used to things being so different from v.6 that I'm using now. The one that gave me the most crap was duplicating an audio channel from an avi file. v.6 you right click on the audio layer and select duplicate and whatever side you want. Pro, I had to do all sorts of work arounds, reverting the stereo file to 2 mono files, and then copying one into the timeline. What a pain. I guess until I sit down and force myself to get used to the interface I'll stick with 6.
Old November 13th, 2005, 10:12 PM   #1865
Regular Crew

Impossible then?

I guess PPRO just can't do this. I managed to get my edit done USING NERO VISION EXPRESS 3! Then exporting a type2 DV, THEN using WINDOWS media Encoder 9. (I just had to cut the opening/closing credits off my video). But why have I payed all those $$$ for PPRO when it can't even make a decent wmv file? (Okay, I payed for a great editor for pure DV). But still, I am kinda ticked off about the hassle this project was, and I am wondering if I should just go to Avid for all future work. Not that I know Avid will do any better, but I am just pissed. The WMV profiles in Adobe Media Encoder do not match the ones in WME 9. So what good is that?

And working with WMVs is a problem in itself. Gspot does not read the files (ASF) so how can one even start to create a matching PPRO project? Perhaps there is another tool to figure out which profile was used to create the wmv?

WARNING: if you follow this guide you will wreck your editing bay:
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guid...videogetb.html
that's if you have a simple machine like mine (Sony TR3 with tons of external harddrives). That software package is so bad that the only good thing about it was that the uninstaller took it ALL off without damage. The guide itself is a rambling in video technology and the tools themselves are unstable and unintelligible to the normal video editor.

The River Past product had the right idea, but it's execution is lame. So...I am still thinking of doing another project for a friend that takes lot's of bits from DVDs and edits them together, then exports a wmf for use on a CD or pendrive, but I have no way doing the edits in my favorite editor du jour: PPRO 1.5.

Another idea I had was to just export the whole project out to tape, recapture it, save as type2 DV (ppro avi using some decent codec), then try Windows Media Encoder 9 on that. but man o man.....
cheers, jigs
Friday.
Old November 13th, 2005, 10:17 PM   #1866
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Risdon
Hi Jigs
Don't use Adobe media encoder myself - I tend to render everying out as a DV AVI file and then use Discreet's Media Cleaner XL to produce the web video (on another PC top improve workflow!) Might be worth looking at a demo...
I guess the audio problem you had when importing the VOB file could be to do with because the soundtrack was 5.1?
Graham, thanks. I'll download that and report back. The audio problem was strange. it was not 5.1, just PCM as far as I could tell.

So I have to worry about which compression setting to use 24, NTSC, or PAL with MS DV Avi Export from PPRO? I guess I'll run that result thru WME9 and see what happens....
cheers!
jigs
Friday.
Old November 14th, 2005, 09:57 AM   #1867
Regular Crew

DEADLINE - Export Problem

I am trying to export an edited sequence that runs an hour and three minutes. Around minute 58, the tape just goes to black. I am using 83 minute dv tape. This has happened thrice and I'm in desperate need for a fix! Please help.

Rick
Old November 14th, 2005, 10:59 AM   #1868
Wrangler

Hi Rick,

Have you rendered the whole movie? If so, provided you have DV playback set, you should be able to press record on your deck player/ camcorder and press space bar to play the timeline. And then stop on the deck/ camcorder and stop the timeline once the movie has finished playing out.

You could try rendering the whole movie as an DV AVI file and then opening a new project, importing the newly created movie and try exporting that way.

Do you have any software running in the background? Anti virus, spyware detection etc?

How much sapce do you have left on your harddrives?

Hope this helps,

Ed

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old November 14th, 2005, 11:02 AM   #1869
Wrangler

Hi Rick,

Do you still hear audio on your speakers? Have the tracks physically disappeared from the timeline window?

Just a few further questions...

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old November 14th, 2005, 01:56 PM   #1870
New Boot

fisheye

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to fake fisheye or similar effect in post production.

Thanks,

Daniël
Old November 14th, 2005, 02:49 PM   #1871
Regular Crew

Hi Jacob
I have the same feeling - it's not that I'm a Luddite, but unless there's a good reason to upgrade, why do it. The conforming audio "feature" of PPro seems to really slow things down. How often have you needed to cut a soundtrack at sample level. I just pre-prepare my audio using Cool Edit befor import. Any Ppro users that can give us some reasons to upgrade?
Old November 14th, 2005, 04:11 PM   #1872
Regular Crew

I think you can use the lens distortion effect in premiere to get what you want
Old November 14th, 2005, 07:46 PM   #1873
Regular Crew

If you mean that the waveforms do not appear it can be 2 things:

- if you're looking at audio from a nested comp, you need to render audio
- if you're looking directly at audio from an imported file, then maybe the conformed audio files are gone?
Old November 14th, 2005, 10:22 PM   #1874
Tourist

Export w/deinterlace shifts video and size

To achieve the wide screen look, I use the clip effect and the motion anchor point.

If the clip is centered good I use clip top = 30 and clip bottom = 30.

If the clip is no centered good for wide screen, I use the clip effect with clip bottom = 60 pixels and clip top = 0 pixels. Then I use motion effect and set the anchor point = 180. This shifts the clip up 60 pixels and centers the black bars.

This all looks good on the preview and the final movie. Unless I choose to deinterlace the video during the video export movie. Then the clips no longer line up. And they appear to be clipping 15 pixels instead of the 30.

Basically for some reason, deinterlacing the video during the export, adjust the effect of clip pixels and anchors pixels. Any ideas why? Any work around?
Old November 14th, 2005, 10:42 PM   #1875
Regular Crew

For doing any kind of effects like that, it may be in your better interest to deinterlace the footage before editing it. Also never use Premiere's deinterlacing. I know for a fact how bad 6.0's is, and I haven't heard anything good with the latest versions, so I figure it hasn't improved at all since.

Also Premiere's clip filter isn't pixel specific. You might want to just use it to get an "idea" of how your widescreen would look, but when you render from premiere, turn the filter off and do the cropping in post-editing to where you have more control. You don't have to do this however, it's just a suggestion.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite