Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2005 - Page 138 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old December 17th, 2005, 12:01 AM   #2056
Regular Crew

Windows Patch for MPEG Encoder

While looking for the fix to my problem with the export movie settings, I also found that there is a patch from Windows that should fix the MPEG option issue XP SP2 users. If these links don't resolve in the future, just perform a search with the update code below at the last address.

Update: KB886716

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/r...DisplayLang=en

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en

www.microsoft.com/downloads
Old December 17th, 2005, 06:00 AM   #2057
Inner Circle

Thanks for the replies.
I indeed knew that I could select them together with ALT or CTRL, but as Pat Sherman said, it seems there is no way in PPro to do it over the complete timeline BEFORE you edit your clips.

It's one of the reasons why I'll be switching over to Avid soon.
Still thanks for the replies!
Old December 18th, 2005, 02:10 AM   #2058
New Boot

thnx for the help
Old December 19th, 2005, 02:53 PM   #2059
Regular Crew

I forgot to mention how ridiculous it is that Adobe has not included in their list of known issues the method that I managed to luckily find and use? Is it not enough that they are using their customers for free R&D on their board and they can't even post fixes in their known issues list to keep from having to sift through all those posts on their board?
Old December 21st, 2005, 05:19 PM   #2060
Major Player

I would transfer 60i to 24p using magic bullet or some other 3rd party plug-in. For me i fell akward mixing 24p footage ino a 30fps timline; even though you can, i just dont like the repeated frames it gives you when you dont remove the pulldown from the 24p.
Old December 22nd, 2005, 09:12 AM   #2061
Trustee

PPro 1.5.1 and the Panasonic HVX 200

Does anybody know, for certain, if PPro 1.5.1 will play nice with the new Panasonic HVX 200 and the DVC Pro HD codec? Will I need additional capture hardware?
Old December 22nd, 2005, 09:52 AM   #2062
Regular Crew

found the problem- it's from checking my canopus "microsoft compatible" in the capture settings. maybe this explains why the footage is clean during capture, but has glitches when playing back the file. no problem when capturing using my built-in firewire. no wonder another production house had no trouble with my footage. i still can't explain why all's ok when using the xl2 for capturing.

my new question is- it seems that premiere stores the clip's codec because when i recapture using batch capture (which was microsoft dv) the new canopus dv file won't link. would there be a workaround short of making new offline clips?

thanks.

Last edited by Mo Zee; December 22nd, 2005 at 11:00 AM.
Old December 22nd, 2005, 10:45 AM   #2063
Regular Crew

PPro Compatibility with Panasonic, Canon, etc.

I have been a user of Premiere 6.5 and am seriously thinking about upgrading to PPro 1.5. In addition, my older Sony TRV340 has died and I need to replace it. I am looking at 3-4 camcorders from Panasonic, Canon, JVC and Sony - none of which are on the "supported hardware" list for Adobe 6.5 or PPro 1.5. So, can anyone tell me for certain if the following camcorders work with Pro 1.5: Panasonic PV-GS400; Canon GL-2; JVC GR-X5US and Sony DCR-H1000.

I know there's bound to be a bunch of pros/cons about each of the camcorders and I'll look at that but right now my primary concern is will they work with Premiere. Otherwise, I'm thinking it may be time to look at other software - if so, would Vegas work with any of these devices?

Thanks for any help.

Carl
Old December 22nd, 2005, 12:24 PM   #2064
Regular Crew

PPro certainly works with the GL2. It is actually in the list of supported camcorders. I doubt any of these other cameras would have problems with PPro. Even if not specifically in the list, it would probably work with the generic DV camcorder setting, but it's better to be sure I guess.
Old December 22nd, 2005, 05:18 PM   #2065
Trustee

Carl,

I too was looking at upgrading from 6.5 to pro. I downloaded the trial and used it for a couple of weeks. It seemed quite different to me than 6.5 and I just couldn't get comfortable with it. Learning new NLE software is not easy for me. Of course others will say that pro is a vast improvement and IMO it does have some neat features. I guess it really comes down to what type editing you do. For me, I would gain just a little additional capability.

I decided to stay with 6.5 because I mostly use disolves, cuts, some titles and that's basically it. No fancy stuff. Of course if you are moving up to HD, HDV or DVCPRO50 then that's another issue and staying in the upgrade path might also an important consideration.

Regards,

Mark

Last edited by Mark Williams; December 23rd, 2005 at 10:59 AM.
Old December 22nd, 2005, 05:23 PM   #2066
Major Player

codec

which dvcpro hd codecs are you using?

PPro 1.5.1 I'm sure is only written with cineform codecs for HDV, therefore providing acceleration only for those formats. It's worth a shot though, I know HD's been dumped into premiere.

Might wanna have a looksee at prospectHD by cineform.

love peace and chicken grease
Old December 22nd, 2005, 06:41 PM   #2067
Inner Circle

Pro 1.51 Should be just fine

I am a former 6.5 user. I stepped up to PP 1.51 because of addition of HD. I have to believe that anything 6.5 supported would be supported by PP. It works with my FX1, in the DV mode, or HD mode, my VX2k as well as older cameras. I have the Panosonic GS 120, and it uploads fine. Most of my DV material actually goes through an cheap Sharp WD250u I bought refurbished and use as a deck to upload DV material. I ve never had problems 1.51 in using any of those to up load DV to edit.

I think Premiere users can adapt more easily to PP 1.51, than say learning Vegas. I am trying that, but keep going back to PP if I am in a hurry.

Chris Barcellos
Old December 23rd, 2005, 04:54 AM   #2068
Regular Crew

HDV plugin: native HDV editing?

Does Premiere Pro's HDV plugin offer native HDV editing or does it use a digital intermediate?
Old December 23rd, 2005, 08:13 AM   #2069
Trustee

I will look into that, comrade! Thank you. I know it takes HDV but I think we're all trying to get away from that because of the long GOP and frame by frame editing issues. DVC PRO HD seems to be the way to go.
Old December 23rd, 2005, 08:42 AM   #2070
Regular Crew

Thanks...

Thanks for the help. I feel reasonably confident that whichever camera I end up deciding on it will work with Premier (either 6.5 or Pro 1.5). Now, the hard part - choosing the camcorder. I've at least pretty much narrowed it down to either the Canon GL2 or Panasonic GS400.

Carl
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite